Re: [lincolnknitters] Help Needed

  • J. Schaupp
    Message 1 of 23 , May 6, 2009
      Hi Christy,

      Thanks for the offer!  I don't live in Lincoln, I live north of there about 35 minutes or so in Fremont.  I don't know when I am going to be in town again this week, as I was in town yesterday.  More than likely it wouldn't be until next week.  Thanks for the offer!

      Jay

      Message 2 of 23 , May 8, 2009
        Hi Amy,  I contacted SFB and they would like to see the flannel booties to see if it is something that they could start using.  Cathy
      • cattalesx2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 23 , May 8, 2009
          A big thank you to all of you who said they would help with baby socks for Sewing For Babies.  I contacted SFB and they are thrilled.  E-mail me when you are finsihed with some and we'll decide how to get them to SFB.

          Cathy
        • J. Schaupp
          Message 4 of 23 , May 8, 2009
            Hi,

            I know you said only acrylic, is this because of washability?  I have lots of baby colors in superwash wool.  Is this acceptable?  If not, I did buy a skein of acrylic.

            Thanks

            Jay

            A big thank you to all of you who said they would help with baby socks for Sewing For Babies.  I contacted SFB and they are thrilled.  E-mail me when you are finsihed with some and we'll decide how to get them to SFB.

            Cathy

          • Amy H
            Message 5 of 23 , May 8, 2009
              I had another thought.  I know they used to keep donations at their shop and people could stop in to get supplies to make things.  If they still do this it is possible they have yarn there that has been donated.

              amy

              To: lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com
              From: cattalesx2@...
              Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 15:36:28 -0400

              Message 6 of 23 , May 9, 2009
                They still have donated yarn, but it now has to be when someone is there or the group.  Next wk. it's Tues. afternoon 1-3 or the Thurs. night 7-9 once a month meeting.

                Cathy

                To: lincolnknitters@ yahoogroups. com
                From: cattalesx2@aol. com
                Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 15:36:28 -0400

                A big thank you to all of you who said they would help with baby socks for Sewing For Babies.  I contacted SFB and they are thrilled.  E-mail me when you are finsihed with some and we'll decide how to get them to SFB.&nbs p;

                Cathy

              • cattalesx2@aol.com
                Message 7 of 23 , May 9, 2009
                  Sorry, they only want acrylic.

                  Message 8 of 23 , May 9, 2009
                    I am going to have to bow out of knitting for Sewing for Babies, I tried to use acrylic and its terrible, it has no natural shape, it feels very cheap and looks cheap as well.  I just won't knit anything or make anything for someone that I wouldn't wear myself.  I did make one pair of the Super Quick Baby Socks, and well, they are stiff and not very soft.  If you want them let me know and I can mail them to you, other wise I am going to toss them.

                    Jay

                    Message 9 of 23 , May 12, 2009
                      Jay,

                      Good News!  SFB meets on Tuesdays and they said they would accept washable wool booties.  I think since it is a charity that some of the older ladies have been worried about the washablitity and wool allergies of babies to wool.  If you are interested in helping, it would be appreciated and I will email the SFB address.
                      We would still like the other pair if you still have it.

                      Cathy
                    • cattalesx2@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 12, 2009
                        Amy,

                        I was at SFB today for the weekly meeting and they said that they would accept wool booties.  They had been concerned about washability and allergies.  Let me know if you would have some time to knit some baby socks.

                        Cathy
                      • Amy H
                        Message 11 of 23 , May 13, 2009
                          Cathy,
                          I will be happy to knit some socks and I have on my table the flannel booties to sew up.
                          I am working on a test knit due Friday so there is no time this week but I will tackle it soon and let you know when I have some done.
                          Also, we drive by SFB on Wednesdays so I can always drop off if that is easier for you.  Oh, I guess we won't be back to piano until June 10th.  Or I guess I could mail them, it wouldn't cost much.

                          thanks for your legwork on this.
                          amy

                          To: lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com
                          From: cattalesx2@...
                          Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 22:53:22 -0400

                          .

                          Amy,

                          I was at SFB today for the weekly meeting and they said that they would accept wool booties.  They had been concerned about washability and allergies.  Let me know if you would have some time to knit some baby socks.

                          Cathy

                          Hotmail® goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.
                        • cattalesx2@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 13, 2009
                            Hi Amy,  There isn't anyone at SFB on Weds., but we can work out something later.  Thanks for everything.  Cathy