Re: [lincolnknitters] Help Needed

  • J. Schaupp
    Message 1 of 23 , May 6, 2009
      I will definately work on some, but will have to go buy some acrylic, since its not something I keep around.  I will get some worked up here this weekend.

      Jay

      Message 2 of 23 , May 6, 2009
        Jay- Don't buy acrylic!  I have a bunch I'm trying to give away right now.  It is yours for the taking.

        Christy

        christynelson.net

        Message 3 of 23 , May 6, 2009
          Hi Christy,

          Thanks for the offer!  I don't live in Lincoln, I live north of there about 35 minutes or so in Fremont.  I don't know when I am going to be in town again this week, as I was in town yesterday.  More than likely it wouldn't be until next week.  Thanks for the offer!

          Jay

        • cattalesx2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 23 , May 8, 2009
            Hi Amy,  I contacted SFB and they would like to see the flannel booties to see if it is something that they could start using.  Cathy
          • cattalesx2@aol.com
            Message 5 of 23 , May 8, 2009
              A big thank you to all of you who said they would help with baby socks for Sewing For Babies.  I contacted SFB and they are thrilled.  E-mail me when you are finsihed with some and we'll decide how to get them to SFB.

              Cathy
            • J. Schaupp
              Message 6 of 23 , May 8, 2009
                Hi,

                I know you said only acrylic, is this because of washability?  I have lots of baby colors in superwash wool.  Is this acceptable?  If not, I did buy a skein of acrylic.

                Thanks

                Jay

                A big thank you to all of you who said they would help with baby socks for Sewing For Babies.  I contacted SFB and they are thrilled.  E-mail me when you are finsihed with some and we'll decide how to get them to SFB.

                Cathy

              • Amy H
                Message 7 of 23 , May 8, 2009
                  I had another thought.  I know they used to keep donations at their shop and people could stop in to get supplies to make things.  If they still do this it is possible they have yarn there that has been donated.

                  amy

                  To: lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com
                  From: cattalesx2@...
                  Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 15:36:28 -0400

                  Message 8 of 23 , May 9, 2009
                    They still have donated yarn, but it now has to be when someone is there or the group.  Next wk. it's Tues. afternoon 1-3 or the Thurs. night 7-9 once a month meeting.

                    Cathy

                    To: lincolnknitters@ yahoogroups. com
                    From: cattalesx2@aol. com
                    Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 15:36:28 -0400

                    A big thank you to all of you who said they would help with baby socks for Sewing For Babies.  I contacted SFB and they are thrilled.  E-mail me when you are finsihed with some and we'll decide how to get them to SFB.&nbs p;

                    Cathy

                  • cattalesx2@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 23 , May 9, 2009
                      Sorry, they only want acrylic.

                      Message 10 of 23 , May 9, 2009
                        I am going to have to bow out of knitting for Sewing for Babies, I tried to use acrylic and its terrible, it has no natural shape, it feels very cheap and looks cheap as well.  I just won't knit anything or make anything for someone that I wouldn't wear myself.  I did make one pair of the Super Quick Baby Socks, and well, they are stiff and not very soft.  If you want them let me know and I can mail them to you, other wise I am going to toss them.

                        Jay

                        Message 11 of 23 , May 12, 2009
                          Jay,

                          Good News!  SFB meets on Tuesdays and they said they would accept washable wool booties.  I think since it is a charity that some of the older ladies have been worried about the washablitity and wool allergies of babies to wool.  If you are interested in helping, it would be appreciated and I will email the SFB address.
                          We would still like the other pair if you still have it.

                          Cathy
                        • cattalesx2@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 12, 2009
                            Amy,

                            I was at SFB today for the weekly meeting and they said that they would accept wool booties.  They had been concerned about washability and allergies.  Let me know if you would have some time to knit some baby socks.

                            Cathy
                          • Amy H
                            Message 13 of 23 , May 13, 2009
                              Cathy,
                              I will be happy to knit some socks and I have on my table the flannel booties to sew up.
                              I am working on a test knit due Friday so there is no time this week but I will tackle it soon and let you know when I have some done.
                              Also, we drive by SFB on Wednesdays so I can always drop off if that is easier for you.  Oh, I guess we won't be back to piano until June 10th.  Or I guess I could mail them, it wouldn't cost much.

                              thanks for your legwork on this.
                              amy

                              To: lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com
                              From: cattalesx2@...
                              Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 22:53:22 -0400

                              .

                              Amy,

                              I was at SFB today for the weekly meeting and they said that they would accept wool booties.  They had been concerned about washability and allergies.  Let me know if you would have some time to knit some baby socks.

                              Cathy

                              Hotmail® goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.
                            • cattalesx2@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 23 , May 13, 2009
                                Hi Amy,  There isn't anyone at SFB on Weds., but we can work out something later.  Thanks for everything.  Cathy