Wooden dp holders

  • cattalesx2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 21, 2008
      Hi Julie,  Missed you last night at knitting.  Do you have that link for the wooden dp holders?  I hope to get one of those sweaters back to you soon to finish into a bag.

      Cathy

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 21, 2008
        Re: [lincolnknitters] Wooden dp holders I went through the yahoo group archives. For Cathy and new members, here are some links for dpn holders:

        Mary Pat ordered these:

        http://www.theloopyewe.com/browse/fun-accessories/stitchkeepers/

        I ordered these:

        If anyone is interested in a sock-in-progress holder, like the one on the Yarn Harlot's site here (scroll down) http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006/06/05/the_postman_rings.html, I found a place that makes them.

        We make and sell the wooden sock holders.  They are $25.00 each + tax and postage.  They come in 5, 6, 7 & 8" lengths.  We accept Master Card and Visa.  We are making more.  We sold out at the New York Sheep and Wool Show.  If you are interested, please let us know what size(s) you want and we'll get you on the list.  You can order through this e-mail address (shadow@...) or by calling 724-349-3128.

        Thank you for your interest.

        John & Delores

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 22, 2008
          I also ordered a wooden one from Julie's information.  It is great.  The information in Yarn Harlot's Blog might not be current so use Julie's information but here is a picture of what we are talking about.  Hope the picture comes through on the list.

          The padded envelope with the phallic shaped object inside? Not what you think. (I already have a hobby.)

          Needlesuitcaseh4

          A sock-in-progress suitcase. (Remember the tin one (scroll down a bit) available from Woolworks Ltd. at Jeremiah's Antiques - wait...I'll tell you before you ask. Her email is woolworks@... ) This is a wooden one, a reproduction of a Shaker device and being made available by Joan. (I got mine right from Joan and you can too, they are $20 and Joan's having them made in a variety of lengths to match your needles. Email Joan at jhd@... for more info.) I love the tin one but the wooden one (while it takes up more room in your purse) doesn't look quite so suspicious on airport x-ray. (They let the tin one on, but I had to let them fish it out of my bag and have a look at it.) This one is going to be for planes and the tin one for the rest of my time.

          This link might work better  http://yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006_06.html but you need to do a lot of scrolling.

          mp

          We make and sell the wooden sock holders.  They are $25.00 each + tax and postage.  They come in 5, 6, 7 & 8" lengths.  We accept Master Card and Visa.  We are making more.  We sold out at the New York Sheep and Wool Show.  If you are interested, please let us know what size(s) you want and we'll get you on the list.  You can order through this e-mail address (shadow@yourinter. net) or by calling 724-349-3128.

          Thank you for your interest.

          John & Delores

          > Hi Julie,  Missed you last night at knitting.  Do you have that link for the
          > wooden dp holders?  I hope to get one of those sweaters back to you soon to
          > finish into a bag.
          >
          > Cathy

        • Tana Pageler

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 22, 2008
              GOSH Tana I just tried the link in the e-mail and it worked find.

              mp

              A sock-in-progress suitcase. (Remember the tin one (scroll down a bit) available from Woolworks Ltd. at Jeremiah's Antiques - wait...I'll tell you before you ask. Her email is woolworks@snet. net ) This is a wooden one, a reproduction of a Shaker device and being made available by Joan. (I got mine right from Joan and you can too, they are $20 and Joan's having them made in a variety of lengths to match your needles. Email Joan at jhd@usachoice. net for more info.) I love the tin one but the wooden one (while it takes up more room in your purse) doesn't look quite so suspicious on airport x-ray. (They let the tin one on, but I had to let them fish it out of my bag and have a look at it.) This one is going to be for planes and the tin one for the rest of my time.

              This link might work better  http://yarnharlot. ca/blog/archives /2006_06. html but you need to do a lot of scrolling.

              mp

              We make and sell the wooden sock holders.  They are $25.00 each + tax and postage.  They come in 5, 6, 7 & 8" lengths.  We accept Master Card and Visa.  We are making more.  We sold out at the New York Sheep and Wool Show.  If you are interested, please let us know what size(s) you want and we'll get you on the list.  You can order through this e-mail address (shadow@yourinter. net) or by calling 724-349-3128.

              Thank you for your interest.

              John & Delores

              > Hi Julie,  Missed you last night at knitting.  Do you have that link for the
              > wooden dp holders?  I hope to get one of those sweaters back to you soon to
              > finish into a bag.
              >
              > Cathy

            • Tana Pageler
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 22, 2008
                It was the jhdATusachoiceDOTnet that I tried and it came back as a dead email address. Maybe their server had a momentary lapse of sanity...