Re: [lincolnknitters] NEW KNITTING MAGAZINE

  • Tana Pageler
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
      I think the designs are like Interweave Knits used to be - traditional (like, not a hand-knit bathing suit) yet interesting to knit and eye-catching to wear.

      Then again, I'm a bit biased. Click on Contents, then Contributers, then turn one page - look closely and you'll find my name in the purple box at the top of the page.

      Tana

      On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Mary Pat Miller <marypat@...> wrote:

      It is called "Twist".  Check it out http://www.twistcollective.com/magazinepage_027.php.

      I think it is kind of like "Knitty" but you need to pay for the patterns.  The patterns look nice and there is a good size range.  The articles are also very good.

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
        That's great Tana!

        mp

        On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Mary Pat Miller <marypat@inebraska. com> wrote:

        It is called "Twist".  Check it out http://www.twistcol lective.com/ magazinepage_ 027.php.

        I think it is kind of like "Knitty" but you need to pay for the patterns.  The patterns look nice and there is a good size range.  The articles are also very good.

        Mary Pat

      • cattalesx2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
          Mary Pat,  I think I am going to have to back out of the pen pal program. My mother just had major surgery and both she and my dad are going to need more of my help.   Cathy

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 5, 2008
            Congratulations, Tana. What does a technical editor do?

            Joanne Neeley
            Visit my blog:  http://joanneneeley.blogspot.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 5, 2008
              Thanks!

              A technical editor edits the patterns to make sure they are correct, don't have any errors, and follow the style guide of the publication they appear in.

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 7, 2008
                Cool. I enjoyed 'Twist' and I am sure i will check it out again.