Re: [lincolnknitters] TKGA Meeting, 5/17/2008, 1:00 pm

  • Tana Pageler
    Message 1 of 12 , May 15, 2008
      Christy,

      Last night we were discussing who is presenting the various parts of sock knitting. Can you send out a list of the presenters and their topics so everyone can be reminded? I can pinch hit for anyone if needed.

      Thanks!

      Tana and those who were at Wednesday night knitting last night

      On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:58 PM, <lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Reminder from: lincolnknitters Yahoo! Group

      Title: TKGA Meeting

      Date: Saturday May 17, 2008
      Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every month on the third Saturday.
      Location: The Walt Library Community Room 1

      Edit reminder options

        Date: Saturday May 17, 2008
        Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

        Message 3 of 12 , May 15, 2008
          On the schedule for this Saturday:

          Turkish Cast-on--Mary Pat
          2 circs--Jennifer
          Magic Loop--Shawn
          Cat Bordhi--Amy

          See you there!

          Date: Saturday May 17, 2008
          Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

          Message 4 of 12 , May 15, 2008
            Also, I have the sock wizard software loaded on my laptop, so if you
            want to check it out before committing to the price tag, you're
            welcome to give it a try.

            I'm still trying to figure out the best way to have everyone view the
            Cat Bordhi YouTube videos at once. I noticed that our meeting room has
            a big screen and I'm assuming a projector-- do we know if we can hook
            my laptop up to it?

            --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, Christy Nelson

            com> wrote:

            > Reminder from: lincolnknitters Yahoo! Group
            >
            > Title: TKGA Meeting
            >
            > Date: Saturday May 17, 2008
            > Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
            > Repeats: This event repeats every month on the third Saturday.
            > Location: The Walt Library Community Room 1

            > Edit reminder options Copyright © 2008 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights
            Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

          • Jennifer McKitrick
            Message 5 of 12 , May 15, 2008
              I'll be showing knitting socks with 2 circs.
              I'll be making Super Quick Baby Socks, as it's a good beginner project, and baby socks can always find a home (just ask me).
              If you want to follow along, bring a couple of ounces of worsted weight yarn, and 2 size 7 circular needles, 16 to 24 inches long recommended (I prefer 20").
              I'll be adapting the following pattern:

              http://www.geocities.com/blossomknitwear/superquickbabysocks

              Best,
              Jennifer

              Date: Saturday May 17, 2008
              Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

              Message 6 of 12 , May 16, 2008
                TURKISH CAST-ON

                If you bring the needles suggested by Jennifer they will be perfect for practicing the Turkish cast-on.  This cast-on require two circular needles; however, you can than switch to dpn's after a couple of rows.

                Here is a great tutorial on the cast-on.

                Message 7 of 12 , May 16, 2008
                  If you had trouble with the link I sent before, this should work better:

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 16, 2008
                    Sorry to send another message about this, but for some reason, when I try to send this link, spaces appear in the URL, messing up the link.  So, never mind.  It's not important.

                    Date: Saturday May 17, 2008
                    Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 16, 2008
                      Jen - I didn't have any problems with the link.  They look like a fun quick knit.

                      Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 2:36 PM
                      Subject: [lincolnknitters] Re: sorry about the link

                      Date: Saturday May 17, 2008
                      Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

                      Message 10 of 12 , May 16, 2008
                        Since the full url was included, you should just need to cut and paste it into your browser to be able to see it.

                        I'm looking forward to learning some new mad skillz tomorrow!

                        Date: Saturday May 17, 2008
                        Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

                      • cattalesx2@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 13 2:02 PM
                          Hi Jennifer,

                           SFB is wondering if they can have the knitted bootie /sock pattern to share with other ladies there.  They love them and want more like that.  Cathy

                          Date: Saturday May 17, 2008
                          Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm