Jumping on the bandwagon...

  • Lauren Durban
    Message 1 of 8 , May 7, 2008

      So it's still somewhat under construction, but I now have an official blog too (but "official", I mean not on my station's website).

      Does anybody get the reference? If not, I'll love you anyway. :)

      I'm still figuring out how to add pictures, video, etc... I'm a little slow.

      Lauren

      Message 2 of 8 , May 7, 2008
        Thanks for letting us know!  I'm so subscribing to your blog.

        Love the name (I'll admit I've never seen Anchorman, though)!

        Message 3 of 8 , May 8, 2008
          Dude. You have to see Anchorman. Not high art, I'll admit, but sometimes dumb-funny is the best. I actually own it, if you want to borrow it. :)

          Message 4 of 8 , May 8, 2008
            Here are some movies from "before your time" but I also think they stand the test of time, "Network" and "Broadcast News"  I haven't seen "Anchorman" but will look it up.

            Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 3:37 PM
            Subject: Re: [lincolnknitters] Jumping on the bandwagon...

            Message 5 of 8 , May 8, 2008
              I've seen Broadcast News, but not Network. Anchorman is basically a really slapstick-y parody of those movies. Very silly.

              Sorry for hijacking the knitting group thread with discussion of Will Ferrell movies! :)

              By the way, I invited someone new to knitting group... her name is Leslie Reed, and she writes for the Omaha World Herald but lives in Lincoln. I was on a debate panel with her a few weeks ago, and caught her stashing a KnitPicks bag under her chair. It was my first opportunity to whip out one of our business cards! Hopefully she'll show up!

              Message 6 of 8 , May 9, 2008
                Enabler. ::wink::

                --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, Lauren Durban
                <laurendurban@...> wrote:

                > I've seen Broadcast News, but not Network. Anchorman is basically a
                really slapstick-y parody of those movies. Very silly.

                > Sorry for hijacking the knitting group thread with discussion of
                Will Ferrell movies! :)

                > By the way, I invited someone new to knitting group... her name is
                Leslie Reed, and she writes for the Omaha World Herald but lives in
                Lincoln. I was on a debate panel with her a few weeks ago, and caught
                her stashing a KnitPicks bag under her chair. It was my first
                opportunity to whip out one of our business cards! Hopefully she'll
                show up!

                > Mary Pat Miller <marypat@...> wrote:
                > Here are some movies from "before your time" but I also
                think they stand the test of time, "Network" and "Broadcast News" I
                haven't seen "Anchorman" but will look it up.

                > Mary Pat

                Try it now.

                Try it now.

                Try it now.