Wool Combs

  • origamifox
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1 3:02 PM
      Hey,
      Does anyone have a pair of wool combs that I could try using? I just
      bought a lovely dark silver-gray Romney fleece that looks like it
      would comb out very nicely. I would be willing to share some of the
      fleece in exchange for letting me use the combs.

      Thanks!
      Beth
    • cattalesx2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 2 10:08 AM
        Beth,

        I have wool combs, I think they called them hackle combs--very sharp.  The only thing is that they have been packed away and it would take a while for me to get to them.  I don't know if I have the diz anymore that the wool was pulled through, but a substitute could be easy to find, I think.

        Cathy

      • origamifox
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 2 12:29 PM
          WOW!! That would be great if you can find them! No real hurry, though,
          I've got plenty to keep me busy for right now. Thanks, Beth

          Message 4 of 14 , May 17, 2008
            Beth,

            The wool combs are found. :-)  I'll bring them to Craft Saturday at church if you like.  Also, if you like using them, I am thinking that I will sell them.  I bought them at the 1995 Estes Park wool market thinking that I would also get a spinning wheel soon and it just hasn't happened.

            Cathy

          • Jennifer McKitrick
            Message 5 of 14 , May 18, 2008
              I can't find my Cat Bordi 2 circ book that I brought to the guild meeting on Sat.
              Did anyone see it laying around after I left?

              -
              ,_._,___

                Message 7 of 14 , May 18, 2008
                  Jennifer -

                  I looked through my books thinking it might have gotten mixed up; however, I don't have it.

                  mp

                  Message 8 of 14 , May 18, 2008
                    I had been looking over it during our meeting, but I don't see it in
                    with the books that I had brought. Maybe Tana remembers seeing it?
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 18, 2008
                      It didn't make it into my bag.  Hmmmm.  I was one of the last ones to leave and it wasn't on any of the tables.

                      Hope we can solve the mystery soon!

                      I had been looking over it during our meeting, but I don't see it in
                      with the books that I had brought. Maybe Tana remembers seeing it?

                    • Tana Pageler
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 18, 2008
                        I looked at it but handed it off to someone else. I didn't have any books in my bags when I got home.

                        Have you asked the library staff if they found it by chance?

                        On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Amy Bacon <amypurls@...> wrote:

                        I had been looking over it during our meeting, but I don't see it in
                        with the books that I had brought. Maybe Tana remembers seeing it?

                      • Shawn Sheets
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 19, 2008
                          I was the last one out of the room and did not see the book. I would give the library a call.

                          Shawn

                          Message 12 of 14 , May 21, 2008
                            Found it!  Thanks.

                            Message 13 of 14 , May 21, 2008
                              Jennifer--don't keep us all in suspense!  Where was it?  :)

                              Found it!  Thanks.

                              Message 14 of 14 , May 22, 2008
                                It was in the bottom of one of my knitting bags, of course.
                                I thought I looked in all the bags I brought that day, but apparently not thoroughly enough.
                                I had gone back to Walt Library and looked in the Lost and Found and everything.

                                Jennifer--don't keep us all in suspense!  Where was it?  :)

                                Found it!  Thanks.