Charity knitting project chosen for Lincoln Knitters

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2008
      We had a small but enthusiastic group at yesterday's guild meeting.  Our program was a discussion about choosing a charity that we can support with our knitting.  It was decided that we will knit 8 inch squares to make blankets for the People's City Mission.  Squares will be collected each month at our guild meeting and volunteers from the group will put them together.  Even if you aren't able to attend our guild meetings (and, if so, you're missing a lot of fun and knitting education!!), please consider contributing to our charity knitting.  We will look into having a spot in the community where squares can be dropped off.  Or if you would like to mail them to me, email me and I will send you my new address.  (I think my old address is in the files section.)  Please knit your squares out of yarn that is machine wash/dry friendly.

      Someone suggested making it a contest to see who can knit the most squares but then we realized that Christy would win because she's just a push-over for contests.

      :)