Re: 2008 Design Contest

  • Karen Payzant
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2008
      Do I dare? Personal Threads doesn't seem to have a lot in stock, at
      least according to their website. Have any of you used their yarns
      before? Help! :)
      Karen

      --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Shawn" <clearbrook72@...>

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2008
        I have shopped at Personal Threads for years.  It is a small shop but they have tons of stock and much more yarn in back room stock than appears on their shelves.  They are in the process of having a sale and moving so it could be that at the moment they have less than usual.

        Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 12:22 PM
        Subject: [lincolnknitters] Re: 2008 Design Contest

        wrote:

        > Christy and all other interested designers:
        >
        > http://www.needfuly arnsinc.com/ contest.html
        >
        > Needful Yarns is the design contest with a 1st place prize of $1500 of
        > yarn from Needful, $1000 for 2nd place, $700 for 3rd and an unknown
        > prize for 4th and 5th.
        >
        > Due: 3/21/08 and must be made from their yarns (supposedly at Personal
        > Threads in Omaha).
        >
        > (Your garment will be returned also.)
        >
        > Shawn

      • Karen Payzant
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2008
          Has anyone used any of the Needful Yarns line?

          Karen

          --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Pat Miller"

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2008
            I haven't used these yarns before.  And Mary Pat is right...Personal Threads is really low in stock right now.  They are having their annual sale (20% off everything) until this weekend and they aren't ordering any new yarn until they are in their new space.

            Thanks for the info, Shawn.  I don't know if I have it in me to do another design contest right now.  But, I sure have been thinking about it today.

            <marypat@... > wrote:

            > I have shopped at Personal Threads for years. It is a small shop
            but they have tons of stock and much more yarn in back room stock
            than appears on their shelves. They are in the process of having a
            sale and moving so it could be that at the moment they have less than
            usual.

            > Mary Pat

          • Karen Payzant
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 9, 2008
              OK, I've decided to try this contest out, ordered yarn from Elmwood
              Yarn Shop in Buffalo, NY. Hope I will represent our group in a worthy
              way - keep me in your thoughts as I work through actually writing down
              in black and white one of my patterns that's in my head. Thanks!
              Karen