2008 Design Contest

  • Shawn
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2008
      Christy and all other interested designers:

      http://www.needfulyarnsinc.com/contest.html

      Needful Yarns is the design contest with a 1st place prize of $1500 of
      yarn from Needful, $1000 for 2nd place, $700 for 3rd and an unknown
      prize for 4th and 5th.

      Due: 3/21/08 and must be made from their yarns (supposedly at Personal
      Threads in Omaha).

      (Your garment will be returned also.)

      Shawn
    • Karen Payzant
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2008
        Do I dare? Personal Threads doesn't seem to have a lot in stock, at
        least according to their website. Have any of you used their yarns
        before? Help! :)
        Karen

        --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Shawn" <clearbrook72@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2008
          I have shopped at Personal Threads for years.  It is a small shop but they have tons of stock and much more yarn in back room stock than appears on their shelves.  They are in the process of having a sale and moving so it could be that at the moment they have less than usual.

          Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 12:22 PM
          Subject: [lincolnknitters] Re: 2008 Design Contest

          wrote:

          > Christy and all other interested designers:
          >
          > http://www.needfuly arnsinc.com/ contest.html
          >
          > Needful Yarns is the design contest with a 1st place prize of $1500 of
          > yarn from Needful, $1000 for 2nd place, $700 for 3rd and an unknown
          > prize for 4th and 5th.
          >
          > Due: 3/21/08 and must be made from their yarns (supposedly at Personal
          > Threads in Omaha).
          >
          > (Your garment will be returned also.)
          >
          > Shawn

        • Karen Payzant
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2008
            Has anyone used any of the Needful Yarns line?

            Karen

            --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Pat Miller"

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 8, 2008
              I haven't used these yarns before.  And Mary Pat is right...Personal Threads is really low in stock right now.  They are having their annual sale (20% off everything) until this weekend and they aren't ordering any new yarn until they are in their new space.

              Thanks for the info, Shawn.  I don't know if I have it in me to do another design contest right now.  But, I sure have been thinking about it today.

              <marypat@... > wrote:

              > I have shopped at Personal Threads for years. It is a small shop
              but they have tons of stock and much more yarn in back room stock
              than appears on their shelves. They are in the process of having a
              sale and moving so it could be that at the moment they have less than
              usual.

              > Mary Pat

            • Karen Payzant
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 9, 2008
                OK, I've decided to try this contest out, ordered yarn from Elmwood
                Yarn Shop in Buffalo, NY. Hope I will represent our group in a worthy
                way - keep me in your thoughts as I work through actually writing down
                in black and white one of my patterns that's in my head. Thanks!
                Karen