Re: New member!

  • ladybug_knits
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 6, 2007
      Hello Everyone,
      I just moved to Nebraska seriously like a week and a half ago! I moved from Salt Lake City,
      Utah. My husband was transfered with his work, Verizon Wireless. I have two young boys
      ages 2 and 4 as well as we are expecting our third child a girl on Valentines Day. I am a self
      taught knitter that has been knitting for 6 years and crocheting for about 22. I live over by
      South 27th Street and O Street. And live in a major fixer upper that is 100 years old. It is very
      hard for me to get around with the boys and with as much as my husband works. I don't
      know why I just told you that. I can knit almost anything.....the only thing that I have left on
      my list of things to learn to do is steaking. No challenge is too big. And if you make a
      mistake just rip it out or fudge it. I hope to get to know all of you.

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 6, 2007
        Welcome to Nebraska, Leslie!  All of my extended family lives in Ogden so I've been to Utah...a lot.

        See you at our next get together!

        Christy
        craftyconservative.blogspot.com

        ladybug_knits <ladybug_knits@...> wrote:
        Hello Everyone,
        I just moved to Nebraska seriously like a week and a half ago! I moved from Salt Lake City,
        Utah. My husband was transfered with his work, Verizon Wireless. I have two young boys
        ages 2 and 4 as well as we are expecting our third child a girl on Valentines Day. I am a self
        taught knitter that has been knitting for 6 years and crocheting for about 22. I live over by
        South 27th Street and O Street. And live in a major fixer upper that is 100 years old. It is very
        hard for me to get around with the boys and with as much as my husband works. I don't
        know why I just told you that. I can knit almost anything.... .the only thing that I have left on
        my list of things to learn to do is steaking. No challenge is too big. And if you make a
        mistake just rip it out or fudge it. I hope to get to know all of you.
        Leslie
        --- In lincolnknitters@ yahoogroups. com, "Liz Andes Bracken" <eabracken@. ..> wrote:

        > Welcome to LadyBug Knits who just joined our group! Please tell us a
        > little bit about yourself.
        >
        > Liz

        Building a website is a piece of cake.

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 9, 2007
          Welcome!

          Finally a girl baby! If you read through the previous messages,
          you'll understand why that's such a big deal. LOL

          I'm about to start a fair isle that will be steeked. Maybe I'll wait
          till one of our meetings before cutting the steeks so you can get in
          on the action.

          Amy

          --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, "ladybug_knits"

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 11, 2007
            Hi Leslie,

            I think I found you over on Ravelry.  Sorry no Saturday meeting this week.  The next meeting will be at Wildness Perk, Saturday October 20th from 3:00 to 5:00.

            Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:54 AM
            Subject: [lincolnknitters] Re: New member!

            What project is it? I am on the lookout for something... .maybe a vest. Do we meet this
            weekend? I'm free most of saturday.
            Leslie
            --- In lincolnknitters@ yahoogroups. com, "Amy Bacon" <amypurls@.. .> wrote:

            > Welcome!
            >
            > Finally a girl baby! If you read through the previous messages,
            > you'll understand why that's such a big deal. LOL
            >
            > I'm about to start a fair isle that will be steeked. Maybe I'll wait
            > till one of our meetings before cutting the steeks so you can get in
            > on the action.
            >
            > Amy
            >
            > --- In lincolnknitters@ yahoogroups. com, "ladybug_knits"
            > <ladybug_knits@ > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello Everyone,
            > > I just moved to Nebraska seriously like a week and a half ago! I
            > moved from Salt Lake City,
            > > Utah. My husband was transfered with his work, Verizon Wireless. I
            > have two young boys
            > > ages 2 and 4 as well as we are expecting our third child a girl on
            > Valentines Day. I am a self
            > > taught knitter that has been knitting for 6 years and crocheting for
            > about 22. I live over by
            > > South 27th Street and O Street. And live in a major fixer upper that
            > is 100 years old. It is very
            > > hard for me to get around with the boys and with as much as my
            > husband works. I don't
            > > know why I just told you that. I can knit almost anything.... .the
            > only thing that I have left on
            > > my list of things to learn to do is steaking. No challenge is too
            > big. And if you make a
            > > mistake just rip it out or fudge it. I hope to get to know all of you.
            > > Leslie
            > > --- In lincolnknitters@ yahoogroups. com, "Liz Andes Bracken"
            > <eabracken@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Welcome to LadyBug Knits who just joined our group! Please tell us a
            > > > little bit about yourself.
            > > >
            > > > Liz

          • ladybug_knits
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 11, 2007

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 11, 2007
                Wilderness Perk is on Pine Lake Road between 14th and 27th Street. (This is near South Pointe)  It is in a strip shopping mall on the south side of the street.  It is a small privately owned coffee shop.  Let me know if you need more information; we look forward to meeting  you.

                Remember too that many of you meet at Barnes & Noble (South Pointe) on Wednesday nights from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.

                mp

                where is that at? I would love to come if I can.
                Leslie
                --- In lincolnknitters@ yahoogroups. com, "Mary Pat Miller" <marypat@... > wrote:

                > Hi Leslie,
                >
                > I think I found you over on Ravelry. Sorry no Saturday meeting this week. The next
                meeting will be at Wildness Perk, Saturday October 20th from 3:00 to 5:00.

                > Mary Pat

              • ladybug_knits
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 11, 2007

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 13, 2007
                    The Kauni Cardigan made infamous by the Yarn Harlot.