New TKGA Meeting Location

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2007
      New TKGA Meeting Location Hi all!

      As you know, this is the last meeting at the Colony Clubhouse. I visited the Walt Library* last Saturday and checked out both rooms. I think the small room is the perfect size for our monthly meeting and the large one would be good when we have guests. I went ahead and put in an application and reserved the large room for the third Saturday of each month over the next year. I told them that if that large room was booked, we'd be ok with the small room.

      There are desks and chairs already in each room. The desks can easily be moved to the center to make a table with the chairs around it. There are actual tables available if we want them; we just need to set them up ourselves.

      The room is free. If we are planning to have snacks, we need to pay a $5 deposit. We'd need special permission to bring sack lunches, and potlucks aren't allowed.

      They have a tv and vcr with a huge screen. It's $10 to reserve the equipment.

      I went ahead and reserved the room for us for the next year because it's nice, clean, big and FREE! We aren't locked into anything, though. If anyone wants to make arrangements for something else, that would be fine with me. We can discuss at the meeting this Saturday. I just wanted to make sure we had somewhere to go!

      *I picked the Walt Library because it is close to Wilderness Perk, which seems to be a good location for everyone.

      Thanks,

      Julie
    • Karen Payzant
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2007
        That sounds absolutely terrific to me! This Satuday I cannot see
        all of you guys, but soon it will happen to where you'll get sick of
        my face. Libaries are wonderful - SUPER IDEA!

        --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, Julie Kundhi <jkundhi@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all!
        >
        > As you know, this is the last meeting at the Colony Clubhouse. I
        visited the
        > Walt Library* last Saturday and checked out both rooms. I think
        the small
        > room is the perfect size for our monthly meeting and the large one
        would be
        > good when we have guests. I went ahead and put in an application
        and
        > reserved the large room for the third Saturday of each month over
        the next
        > year. I told them that if that large room was booked, we'd be ok
        with the
        > small room.
        >
        > There are desks and chairs already in each room. The desks can
        easily be
        > moved to the center to make a table with the chairs around it.
        There are
        > actual tables available if we want them; we just need to set them
        up
        > ourselves.
        >
        > The room is free. If we are planning to have snacks, we need to
        pay a $5
        > deposit. We'd need special permission to bring sack lunches, and
        potlucks
        > aren't allowed.
        >
        > They have a tv and vcr with a huge screen. It's $10 to reserve the
        > equipment.
        >
        > I went ahead and reserved the room for us for the next year
        because it's
        > nice, clean, big and FREE! We aren't locked into anything, though.
        If anyone
        > wants to make arrangements for something else, that would be fine
        with me.
        > We can discuss at the meeting this Saturday. I just wanted to make
        sure we
        > had somewhere to go!
        >
        > *I picked the Walt Library because it is close to Wilderness Perk,
        which
        > seems to be a good location for everyone.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Julie

      • Lauren Durban
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2007
          I'll bring some kind of dessert as well-- brownies maybe? Chocolate chip cookies?

          Liz Andes Bracken <eabracken@...> wrote:
          Lincoln Knitters
          TKGA meeting
          is this Saturday!
          October 6
          12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
          Liz is moving and this will be our last meeting at The Colony clubhouse.
          boo hoo.
          Bring something (wrapped--nothing fancy) for the Trick or Treat bag! This is a great way to get rid of the BOMBS in your knitting stash.  Or you can be  nice and bring something lovely.

          Pot Luck lunch today!
          Bring whatever strikes your fancy!!
          (Liz is too stressed with packing for her move to care too much about a food theme this month.)
          :O
          Plates, utensils, napkins provided. (Liz can manage this.)
          Bring your own drink.

        • Jennifer McKitrick
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2007
            I'm bringing green bean casserole.