Re: [lincolnknitters] Re: October TKGA / Lincoln Knitters Meeting is THIS Saturday !!!!!!!!

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2007
      I'll bring a dessert; not sure exactly what I'll do yet.

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2007
        New TKGA Meeting Location Hi all!

        As you know, this is the last meeting at the Colony Clubhouse. I visited the Walt Library* last Saturday and checked out both rooms. I think the small room is the perfect size for our monthly meeting and the large one would be good when we have guests. I went ahead and put in an application and reserved the large room for the third Saturday of each month over the next year. I told them that if that large room was booked, we'd be ok with the small room.

        There are desks and chairs already in each room. The desks can easily be moved to the center to make a table with the chairs around it. There are actual tables available if we want them; we just need to set them up ourselves.

        The room is free. If we are planning to have snacks, we need to pay a $5 deposit. We'd need special permission to bring sack lunches, and potlucks aren't allowed.

        They have a tv and vcr with a huge screen. It's $10 to reserve the equipment.

        I went ahead and reserved the room for us for the next year because it's nice, clean, big and FREE! We aren't locked into anything, though. If anyone wants to make arrangements for something else, that would be fine with me. We can discuss at the meeting this Saturday. I just wanted to make sure we had somewhere to go!

        *I picked the Walt Library because it is close to Wilderness Perk, which seems to be a good location for everyone.

        Thanks,

        Julie
      • Karen Payzant
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2007
          That sounds absolutely terrific to me! This Satuday I cannot see
          all of you guys, but soon it will happen to where you'll get sick of
          my face. Libaries are wonderful - SUPER IDEA!

          --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, Julie Kundhi <jkundhi@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi all!
          >
          > As you know, this is the last meeting at the Colony Clubhouse. I
          visited the
          > Walt Library* last Saturday and checked out both rooms. I think
          the small
          > room is the perfect size for our monthly meeting and the large one
          would be
          > good when we have guests. I went ahead and put in an application
          and
          > reserved the large room for the third Saturday of each month over
          the next
          > year. I told them that if that large room was booked, we'd be ok
          with the
          > small room.
          >
          > There are desks and chairs already in each room. The desks can
          easily be
          > moved to the center to make a table with the chairs around it.
          There are
          > actual tables available if we want them; we just need to set them
          up
          > ourselves.
          >
          > The room is free. If we are planning to have snacks, we need to
          pay a $5
          > deposit. We'd need special permission to bring sack lunches, and
          potlucks
          > aren't allowed.
          >
          > They have a tv and vcr with a huge screen. It's $10 to reserve the
          > equipment.
          >
          > I went ahead and reserved the room for us for the next year
          because it's
          > nice, clean, big and FREE! We aren't locked into anything, though.
          If anyone
          > wants to make arrangements for something else, that would be fine
          with me.
          > We can discuss at the meeting this Saturday. I just wanted to make
          sure we
          > had somewhere to go!
          >
          > *I picked the Walt Library because it is close to Wilderness Perk,
          which
          > seems to be a good location for everyone.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Julie

        • Lauren Durban
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 3, 2007
            I'll bring some kind of dessert as well-- brownies maybe? Chocolate chip cookies?

            Liz Andes Bracken <eabracken@...> wrote:
            Lincoln Knitters
            TKGA meeting
            is this Saturday!
            October 6
            12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
            Liz is moving and this will be our last meeting at The Colony clubhouse.
            boo hoo.
            Bring something (wrapped--nothing fancy) for the Trick or Treat bag! This is a great way to get rid of the BOMBS in your knitting stash.  Or you can be  nice and bring something lovely.

            Pot Luck lunch today!
            Bring whatever strikes your fancy!!
            (Liz is too stressed with packing for her move to care too much about a food theme this month.)
            :O
            Plates, utensils, napkins provided. (Liz can manage this.)
            Bring your own drink.

          • Jennifer McKitrick
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2007
              I'm bringing green bean casserole.