651Re: Saturday Program

  • jgracier
    Mar 15, 2007
      Hi everyone. Sorry, I've been house-hunting in Michigan, so I
      haven't been online for a few days. I'm going to show the short-row
      technique that you can use to eliminate that "stair-step" effect when
      shaping collars and shoulders on a sweater. They gave us handouts
      and I will bring copies of those, too.

      Where is the meeting Saturday? I need directions, as I've only been
      to Wilderness Perk.

      --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Pat Miller"
      <marypat@...> wrote:

      > The topic for this Saturday is finishing.
      >
      > If you have any questions about a finishing technique please post
      it and we'll see if someone will teach it. Jane from our Wilderness
      Perk group attended Stitches West and I asked her to demo something
      that she learned there. She said she would even share some hand outs.

      > Please let me know if there is any interest in learning the applied
      I-Cord and/or the attach I-Cord. I can demo this but if you would
      also like to try it ring a piece of knitting about two inches long
      with about 20 stitches still on the needle. Also, bring a four inch
      square of knitting that is bound off. If no one posts an interest in
      doing this - I won't go to the trouble of knitting up examples.

      > I will also bring two books from my library that I think are good
      finishing references. "The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques"
      by Nancie M. Wiseman and "I Hate to Finish Sweaters Guide to
      Finishing Sweaters" by Janet Szabo. If anyone else has books in
      their library that they like to use for finishing techniques please
      bring them along.

      > Hope of see a big group there Saturday. As always please come for
      lunch and knitting even if you have no interest in the topic.

      > Mary Pat

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic