641Re: [lincolnknitters] Trivia

    Mar 12 7:55 AM
      Maybe I am holding the yarn incorrectly, too.  Barb, will you show me how you figured out how to do it?  It's not that I can't knit continental---it's that my tension is so much tighter so it must be how I've wound the yarn through my fingers.

      On 3/12/07, Barbara McCall <barbmccall@...> wrote:

      This last weekend, I figured out why it is (was) so hard for me to
      knit continental style....I was holding the yarn improperly!
      Also, I am experimenting with rubbing silicone spray on my Denise
      needle cords to make the stitches slide more easily. So far, so good
      on this one. For a true test, I cast on 302 stitches using the size 5
      tips and wool yarn. This is the start of khaki Cables, Knitters
      Winter 2006. And yes, I am going to try to knit this sweater all
      continental.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic