1944afghan pics

  • Jennifer McKitrick
    Jan 15, 2011

    --- On Fri, 1/14/11, Clearbrook <clearbrook72@...> wrote:

    From: Clearbrook <clearbrook72@...>
    Subject: [lincolnknitters] Guild meeting tomorrow from 1-4 p.m.
    To: lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Friday, January 14, 2011, 9:34 AM

    Don't forget that tomorrow we will be starting our KAL at the January 2011 Guild meeting.

    Please bring the following:

    Needles (size will depend on what you need to get gauge and can be 2 circs, 1 for magic loop, or dpns)
    Worsted weight yarn
    Pattern (this is free: http://d-made.com/knitting/patterns/patterns.html)
    Stitch markers, if you want
    Small amount of a contrasting color worsted weight yarn (for provisional cast on)
    Cable needle (or spare dpn/other needle)

    While many people can cable without a needle, I am not one of those people. I have tried (numerous times) and failed miserably. I am fine with failure, but I am not insane. I am perfectly fine with using another needle/dpn/toothpick/whatever is handy to make my cable crosses. Everyone has different skills/aptitudes and one way is not better than another.

    I have knit one of these socks, exactly as the pattern calls for. In doing so, I have some suggestions/tips for everyone, and some alternatives without changing the sock's look.

    If I forgot something, let me know.

    I can't wait to see everyone!

    Shawn