135Re: [lincolnknitters] Re: Membership in this group

  • Emily Nimsakont
    Apr 14, 2006
      Your point about others being able to see our personal information is a good one, Liz.  I went ahead and changed the settings so that approval is required for membership.  Since new members have been fairly few and far between, I don't anticipate this being a huge strain on me in terms of the amount of work required.  If I do feel overwhelmed at any time, I will ask for a volunteer for the job of moderator to share some of my duties.

      Have a nice meeting tomorrow, everyone that will be there!

      --Emily

      Liz Andes Bracken <elizabethabracken@...> wrote:
      That's fine.  I certainly don't want to make more work.  This is the second incident, though.  Remember the guy who joined so that he could ask if anyone would sew his kid's patches on his karate uniform (or whatever)?.  The only problem I see with allowing "lurkers" is that they can tap into our private member info (like our email addresses).