134Re: Membership in this group

    Apr 13, 2006
      That's fine.  I certainly don't want to make more work.  This is the second incident, though.  Remember the guy who joined so that he could ask if anyone would sew his kid's patches on his karate uniform (or whatever)?.  The only problem I see with allowing "lurkers" is that they can tap into our private member info (like our email addresses).

      --- In lincolnknitters@yahoogroups.com, Emily Nimsakont <enimsakont@...> wrote:

      > I can certainly change the membership settings so that members have to be approved, if this continues to be a problem. Why don't we wait a bit to see if other incidents like this occur? If so, then I'll change the settings. (The house is nearing completion, so my life should be settling down soon. Maybe I'll even make it to knit with you guys someday!)
      >
      > --Emily
      >
      > Julie Kundhi jkundhi@... wrote:
      > If Emily has time to approve people. I know she is really busy with her
      > house. This is the first time we've gotten one of these, isn't it? Maybe
      > it's an isolated incident?
      >
      > > I was wondering if we should move to the type of membership where the
      > > administrator of the group "approves" the new member's request to come
      > > on board. That would eliminate the kind of posts that just got on here.
      > > I know other Yahoo groups work this way.
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Pine lake Lincoln nebraska Knitting

      > Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2ยข/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic