Carbbean- American Heritage White House Proclamation

  • Roj
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2006
      Carbbean- American Heritage White House Proclamation

      Washington DC - A PROCLAMATION During Caribbean-American Heritage
      Month, we celebrate the great contributions of Caribbean Americans to
      the fabric of our Nation, and we pay tribute to the common culture
      and bonds of friendship that unite the United States and the
      Caribbean countries.

      Our Nation has thrived as a country of immigrants, and we are more
      vibrant and hopeful because of the talent, faith, and values of
      Caribbean Americans. For centuries, Caribbean Americans have enriched
      our society and added to the strength of America. They have been
      leaders in government, sports, entertainment, the arts, and many other fields.

      During the month of June, we also honor the friendship between the
      United States and the Caribbean countries. We are united by our
      common values and shared history, and I join all Americans in
      celebrating the rich Caribbean heritage and the many ways in which
      Caribbean Americans have helped shape this Nation.

      NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of
      America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution
      and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2006 as
      Caribbean-American Heritage Month. I encourage all Americans to learn more
      about he history of Caribbean Americans and their contributions to our Nation.

      IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this fifth day of
      June, in the year of our Lord two thousand six, and of the
      Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirtieth.

      GEORGE W. BUSH

      courtesy of www.tropicalefete.com

      Roj (Roger James)

      The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site/TnTisland.com
      Trinbago site: http://www.tntisland.com
      Carib Brass Ctn site http://www.tntisland.com/caribbeanbrassconnection
      Steel Expressions http://clix.to/steelexpressions
      Site of the Week: http://www.socawarriors.netions