Calypso

  • cfj_cfj
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2002
    • Cal Taylor
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 22, 2012

        How Calypso Works

        The greatest power of poetry-calypso dwells
        In the form’s every articulate hush
        In its whispers
        In its subtleties (Ah woon bathe in Miss Elsie Rive; Kitch)
        In its suggestions (If the Priest Could Play; Cipher)
        In its starched reproach of dogma and
        Sectarianism (Ism and Schism; Black Stalin)
        In its conception of the world as being one
        macco stage (Life is ah Stage, Valentino)
        Stridency cheats poetry/calypso
        Calypso is a “all ah we is one” democracy
        If it good for Sir Galba
        It good for the Spoiler
        Ah wanna fall!

        C. T.
      • Gil Figaro
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 23, 2012

          C. T. – Thanks for the education.  Keep them coming.

          Gil