File - Rules Reminder

  • lifecoast_lifecycle@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 1, 2011
      Hello Lifecycle members!

      This is your monthly rules reminder. Please save this e-mail somewhere for future reference. This should answer all your questions about using your Lifecycle group and getting the most out of it!

      The following list of rules have been adapted from the original Lifecycle etiquette sheet. A certain structure helps the group run smoothly and effectively for everyone's benefit. Remember, the success of this group depends on all of us, and that means each of us need to do our best to keep on task and, well, be nice and patient. God Bless, Have Fun & Thank You for helping us become an Acts 2 Church!

      LIFECYCLE ETIQUETTE

      1) KEEP IT FREE, LEGAL & APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AGES. This means, for example, no medicines, vitamins, creams, etc., firearms or other weapons. Two strikes and you're out of the group. This is our main Lifecycle rule to live by and it's a pretty easy one at that.

      2) SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR POSTS. Use the CORRECT Headings to make it easy for others to delete or view and respond to your posts. ***Postings that do not contain the proper Subject line phrases will be deleted without warning.*** You are welcome to repost, but please make sure you use the correct Subject Line Headings. Thank you!

      ONLY THESE HEADINGS ARE PERMITTED AND ONE SHOULD ACCOMPANY EVERY POST TO LIFECOAST LIFECYCLE:

      Examples:

      OFFER: Purple Couch (R-Section Palm Coast)
      TAKEN: Yellow Swing (Flagler Beach)
      WANTED: Orange Table, Any Condition. (Bunnell **please use this sparingly and don't ask for money, don't ask for an extravagant item like a diamond ring which we'd all like to have or the strike rule will kick in - see rule no. 1 above.**
      RECEIVED: Orange Table
      PPU: Purple Couch (this is for "Pending Pick Up." If you have someone who will be coming by to get your item, posting a PPU will help cut down on people replying to your offer.)
      ADMIN: RULE REMINDER (Do NOT use ISO) **Used by only by Lifecoast Lifecycle Owners and Mods to alert all members to important information about the group.**

      3) PLEASE DO NOT POST THE SAME "WANTED" POSTING MORE THAN ONCE A MONTH. Please use the WANTED postings sparingly - do not post nonstop WANTED notes. If you have a need for many items, please try to condense your requests into one posting.

      4) NO POLITICS, NO SPAM, NO MONEY, NO PERSONAL ATTACKS/RUDENESS. It's all about R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Two strikes & you're out, i.e. you will be unsubscribed by the moderator after two inappropriate postings.

      5) If you are an EBay seller, thrift store owner, or a reseller of any kind (including for use in a garage sale), FULL DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INTENTION TO SELL ITEMS RECEIVED FROM LIFECYCLE MEMBERS IS REQUIRED UP FRONT. You MUST disclose your intent to sell either in your original Wanted post or when responding so the gifter can make an informed decision with all the details and facts. Members have the right to inquire as to the intended use of any item they offer. ANYONE FOUND SELLING ITEMS OBTAINED ON THIS LIST ON EBAY, THE CLASSIFIED OR OTHER YAHOO GROUPS WILL BE BANNED AND REPORTED.

      6) YOUR APPROXIMATE LOCATION: Try to list this in the body of your e-mail as well as in the subject line. OFFER Couch (downtown). �I've got a couch and live downtown. Nearest intersection: Speedway and Stone.�

      7) KEEP IT ALL IN ONE E-MAIL. Got more than one thing to give away? Keep it all in one e-mail please and just number the items for your own clarity. This reduces the overall number of emails we all have to receive. Some groups don't do this rule.

      8) CAN WE USE THIS LIFECYCLE GROUP TO FIND NEW HOMES FOR PETS? Yes, but please keep it legal & be lovingly careful. You may also consider using Petfinder (www.petfinder.com) to find a pet locally. Posts about pets for breeding purposes are NOT allowed in Lifecycle group.

      9) NO TRADING OR SWAPPING PLEASE. With Lifecycle, there are no strings attached, JUST GIVE IT AWAY!

      11) PICK UP. Arrange as you like. Generally, you'll wait until you get a handful of responses or maybe overnight (we ask that you wait 24 hours), and then you can pick whomever you like! That's half the fun. Arrange pickup with one person only, rather than "it's on the porch, whoever gets here first gets it." Otherwise you'll become the boo man pretty fast with your fellow Lifecycle group members... Also: only give your phone number to one person at a time or ask for the recipient's phone no. Otherwise you'll get swamped with phone calls.

      12) ITEMS BY THE SIDE OF THE ROAD/CURB ALERTS: What is a "Curb Alert"? A curb alert is a post where the item is outside at a particular address and the poster/offerer retains no control over who gets the item. Please do NOT post these items.

      13) NO OFFERING YOURSELF OR YOUR CHILDREN. Posting oneself (or one's shy friends) is, I'm afraid, not allowed. There are many fine Internet dating sites better suited to this purpose, or you could try Craig's List. Posting your kids is not on the menu either, no matter how crazy they make you sometimes. Try getting them involved in youth group. :)

      14) NO ADS, NO SELLING & NO SPAM. This is your ONLY notification. This includes advertisements for GARAGE SALES OR YARD SALES! Lifecycle is about being FREE - and obviously garage sales aren't free. Violators will be moderated and/or immediately banned from the group.

      15) A BRIEF NOTE ON LIFECYCLE ETIQUETTE: "Be nice." We are all volunteers and we've got a great little community here so when you arrange to pick up an item from another Lifecycle member, it is basic good manners to accommodate them as much as possible in terms of scheduling, and then be punctual; they are, after all, giving you something you need and asking nothing in return except that you will show up when you say you will. (Leaving someone hanging is never a nice thing.) Also, unless the giver tells you otherwise, assume that they would like you to come by as soon as you can to take away the item; no more than three days after the offer is made is usual. (Think of it as The Three-day Rule.)

      SAFETY. Be aware! It is up to each individual member of Lifecycle when arranging for pickup of the item being given away to be appropriately aware of the potential risk of having "a stranger" come to your home to pick something up. Lifecycle as a organization assumes no responsibility for this risk. You may want to arrange to meet in a public place or leave the item on the front porch without mentioning whether or not you will be home at the time of pickup.

      If you have an item you're interested in posting but are not sure if it meets our guidelines PLEASE contact Lifecycle owner before posting it. Your failure to do so may result in you being placed on moderated e-mails or being removed from the e-list all together. You can reach the moderators at lifecoast_lifecycle-owner@yahoogroups.com

      SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT - Gifting does NOT have to be 1st responded, 1st served!! Sometimes the first person to reply to your offer may not always be the best person to take your item, so consider the people who can't stick by their computer all day. To simply choose the first responder every time stops MANY deserving people from ever having an opportunity of participate. While we cannot enforce this, we do ask that you please wait 24 hours before deciding who will receive your item. Just remember, it would be helpful to those that don't have as much computer access - so please consider it if your circumstances allow. The ultimate decision is up to the person giving the item to choose the recipient as they see fit. Pray about it!

      USING THE LIFECYCLE LIST

      lifecoast_lifecycle-Group@yahoogroups.com
      or click on "post" at the Lifecycle group web site.

      To unsubscribe, send an email to
      lifecoast_licycle-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      To post, read, or reply to messages or to manage your membership settings (including email delivery options), visit the group site (AKA main page) at:

      To read list archives (especially helpful for new members who may find recent posts of interest there), visit the main page and click on "messages" on the left.

      That should just about do it. Have Fun and Thank you for being a part of The Lifecycle!

      God Bless,
      Your Lifecoast Lifecycle Moderators

      *If you feel you need to unsubscribe, we hate to see you go and hope you will return if you can. Keep in mind that Yahoo can take days to update after a change is made so you could still receive mail after leaving a group and there is nothing we can do about that. Also, whatever mail is already in the pipeline will be delivered by your ISP and there is nothing we can do about that either. One thing that might help is to switch to no mail first, wait until the mail completely stops and then unsubscribe. Please DO NOT make repeated changes in your status or reply to numerous unsubscribed messages, as this will slow down the update even more.

      This message repeats on the first of each month. Please reread often just to refresh your memory!

      We reserve the right to change these rules at any time as the need arises.
    • lifecoast_lifecycle@yahoogroups.com