Press Release: Voodoo Doodoo Stops Mooloo Highway

  • Libertarianz Media Centre
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2002
      Press Release
      Libertarianz
      Transport/Maori Affairs

      Voodoo Doodoo Stops Mooloo Highway
      =============================

      "The halt to work on State Highway 1 between Mercer and Long Swamp because,
      quote "a Taniwha is causing the road to sink" is plainly idiotic", said
      Libertarianz Leader Russel Watkins, wiping tears of laughter from his eyes.

      "Humorous as it may appear," he says becoming more serious, "once again,
      taxpayers' money is being wasted pandering to quaint notions of brown
      voodoo - in this case Transit New Zealand pander to Ngati Ngaho over their
      mystical belief there is a little monster dwelling in the swamp."

      "In fact, I refuse to believe anyone actually believes in little monsters
      dwelling in the swamp," says Watkins, who offers a wager on three points:
      "First, I guarantee that after 'consultation' with the Tribe - and a fat wad
      of cash being paid over (taxpayers money again) - the 'Taniwha' problem will
      disappear. Second, Ngati Ngoho will laugh like drains as they bank their
      money. Third, the road will keep sinking."

      "This voodoo nonsense should be consigned to the dustbin of history," says
      Watkins. "Forthwith!"

      ENDS

      For more information contact:
      Russell Watkins