Press Release: An(other) advance auction of stolen goods

  • Libertarianz Media Centre
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2002
      Press Release
      Libertarianz
      Election Campaign

      An(other) advance auction of stolen goods
      ============================

      "The blandest election campaign in living memory is partly so because all
      major parties are becoming less and less distinguishable from each
      other.What we see with all of the other political parties is what H.L.
      Mencken once described as 'an advance auction of stolen goods'" announced
      Libertarianz Leader and Tauranga Candidate Russell Watkins today. "And those
      goods, ladies and gentlemen, have been stolen from you and me."

      Watkins tells the public "you should wake up, stand up and think before you
      give Helen or any of them the chance to run your life for another three
      years," and suggests they have a good think about what exactly makes up
      government.

      Quoting Mencken once again, Watkins says: "The government consists of a gang
      of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no
      special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for
      getting and holding office. Their principal device to
      that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can't
      get and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out of ten that promise is
      worth nothing. The tenth time is made good by looting A to satisfy B. In
      other words, government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort
      of an advance auction sale of stolen goods."

      "Don't let them bribe you with your own money," says Watkins. "Tell the
      political thieves, of every stripe, to go to hell!"

      It's enough to make you vote Libertarianz !

      ENDS

      For further information please contact:
      Russell Watkins
      LIBERTARIANZ LEADER