Press Release: Do You Want Busybodies With That?

  • Libertarianz Media Centre
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2002
      Food Safety

      D'You Want Busybodies With That?
      ========================

      Libertarianz Leader Russell Watkins launched an attack on the Food Safety
      Authority today, saying: "The taste of your Jackboot is really going to sour
      the sausage sizzle!" He was responding to new regulations requiring
      fund-rainig groups to apply for a permit to sizzle a sausage.

      "Where are we going?" wonders Watkins at this latest "stickybeak
      interference into New Zealanders' lives." "For many years," he points out,
      "community groups and charities have arranged BBQ's and sausage sizzles for
      charity. But now they have to ask permission from a busy-body with a
      clipboard. Don't these clipboard-toting bureaucrats have more important work
      to do?"

      Watkins elaborates: "A person should have the freedom to choose. I they
      don't like the look of a road side BBQ, then they shouldn't buy food from
      it! It is the customer's right to choose. If you want to eat it - fine! If
      you don't, then don't. It's your body, and you should be free to put into it
      whatever you want!"

      "Isn't it about time that we were left to run our own lives," demands
      Watkins, "without interference from interfering government lackeys?"

      It's enough to make you vote Libertarianz !

      ENDS

      For further information please contact:
      Russell Watkins
      LIBERTARIANZ LEADER