Children’s Commissioner Embraces KGB Mojo

  • Libertarianz Media Centre
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2007
      PRESS RELEASE

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      Social Welfare

      Children's Commissioner Embraces KGB Mojo

      "Children's Commissioner Cindy Kiro has again shown that her position
      exists not to defend child wellbeing, but as a mere political tool,"
      proclaimed Peter Osborne, Libertarianz Social Welfare Spokesman, in
      response to Kiro's proposal of mandatory household inspections for
      every newborn child in New Zealand.

      Osborne says, "This sort of rubbish is straight out of the
      Labour/Green textbook. Under the guise of being politically neutral,
      the Children's Commissioner is providing the current government with
      the means to further slide their collective tentacles into private
      homes. This has nothing to do with child welfare and everything to do
      with totalitarianism. Kiro's proposal only confirms that the
      Children's Commissioner is nothing more than a tool of Nanny State."

      Osborne continues, "As with the anti-smacking bill, this
      recommendation will do nothing to stop people from abusing their
      children. People must ask, 'why have such abusive or apathetic adults
      given birth in the first place? And why in such large numbers?' The
      reason is because Nanny State forces us all to subsidise such
      families. She has also regulated our everyday lives to such an extent
      that opportunities to provide the means for self-sufficiency have
      become almost impossible to find. Unbelievably, New Zealand keeps
      voting for the status quo!"

      "Libertarianz would sack Cindy Kiro as Children's Commissioner
      forthwith. We would remove all of the unneeded taxes and regulations
      that our current and previous governments have forced upon us. This
      will greatly improve levels of opportunity and prosperity. Welfare
      and State will be separated, giving each individual the opportunity to
      express their own level of benevolence. The social realities we are
      currently witnessing exist because our lives are being controlled at
      every turn. Libertarianz will reverse this imposition and leave
      everyone to pursue their own purpose and happiness."

      "It's Enough to Make you Vote Libertarianz!"

      ENDS

      For more information contact:

      Peter Osborne
      Libertarianz Social Welfare Spokesman
      Phone: 021 326 091
      E-mail: peter.osborne@...

      Libertarianz: More Freedom – Less Government
      www.libertarianz.org.nz