Nanny State Can't Fix Child Assault

  • Libertarianz Media Centre
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30 9:04 PM
      PRESS RELEASE

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      Social Welfare

      Nanny State Can't Fix Child Assault

      "In the wake of the continuing horrific abuse of minors, there is a
      cacophony of shock, blame and proposed government solutions. But we
      must not forget that it is imperative that we get Nanny State out of
      our lives first," says Peter Osborne, Libertarianz Social Welfare
      Spokesman.

      "Forget about expecting the Government to repair things. Nothing
      Nanny State attempts to do to stem the problem of child assault will
      make even a dent in the problem. The life of nothingness that is
      fostered by welfarism could only ever serve to degrade one's self
      value. It cheapens all of our lives. Ending the welfare state would
      mean only parents who want and care about children will start a
      family."

      "Only New Zealanders as individuals can take control of the social
      ills facing us all today. Forget about Nanny State, it was she who
      set this disaster up in the first place and it was we who voted for
      it. Nothing can be done until we win back control over our own lives.
      This means getting Nanny State out of our homes, out of our
      workplaces, out of your children's minds and out of our pockets. The
      well being of our fellow citizens, neighbours, friends and relatives
      does not need to be centrally controlled and we certainly shouldn't be
      compelled to finance what is now proving to be a social disaster."

      ENDS

      For more information, please contact:

      Peter Osborne
      Libertarianz Social Welfare Spokesman
      Phone: 021 326 091
      e-mail: peter.osborne@...

      Libertarianz: More Freedom – Less Government
      www.libertarianz.org.nz