Give Yourselves a Smack NZ, You Voted For It

  • Luke Howison
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2007
      PRESS RELEASE

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      Social Welfare

      Give Yourselves a Smack NZ, You Voted For It

      "Despite an overwhelming public outcry against Sue Bradford's
      anti-smacking legislation, it seems the bill will pass nonetheless,"
      laments Peter Osborne, Libertarianz Spokesman for Social Welfare.
      "This is a classic example of the current political mindset so rampant
      in the halls of Parliament. Apparently Sue Bradford and the rest of
      those who support this bill love your children more than you do. What
      is more, they think themselves more qualified to raise your children
      than you."

      "Well New Zealand, you have no-one to blame but yourselves. This
      appalling legislation is a direct outcome of a voting public who are
      happy to vote for whatever party is most happy to intrude on
      individual rights. Be mindful that while politicians further their own
      agendas, we pay for it with our freedom."

      "Libertarianz believes that parenting is best left to parents and
      Section 59 is best left alone - the law already precludes assault," Mr
      Osborne concludes. "New Zealand needs a libertarian constitution to
      prevent the likes of Sue Bradford from interfering with our lives."

      "It's Enough to Make you Vote Libertarianz!"

      ENDS

      For more information contact:

      Peter Osborne
      Libertarianz Spokesman for Social Welfare
      Phone: 021 326 091
      E-mail: peter.osborne@...

      Libertarianz: More Freedom – Less Government
      www.libertarianz.org.nz