Libertarianz launches Party Pill Petition

  • Libertarianz Media Centre
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2007
      PRESS RELEASE

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      BZP

      Libertarianz launches Party Pill Petition

      "Today it is my pleasure to announce the launch of the Libertarianz
      petition to stop the banning of BZP-based 'party pills'." said Dr.
      Richard Goode, Libertarianz Drugs Spokesman. "The petition calls on
      the New Zealand House of Representatives not to ban or further
      restrict the sale of benzylpiperazine (BZP) and BZP-based party
      pills."

      "One in five New Zealanders has used BZP and they do it because they
      enjoy it. Banning BZP will deprive these people of a pleasurable,
      legal pastime."

      "Alcohol causes more grief and mayhem than all illicit drugs
      combined," Goode noted. "But society rightly accepts and condones the
      use of this traditional party drug. So why worry about the legal
      availability of safer and more effective intoxicants?"

      "Adults own their own bodies. What adults put into their own bodies is
      their own business, and no-one else's. BZP is a relatively sensible
      choice."

      "Jumped up politicians like National's Jacqui Dean and frenzied
      busy-bodies like Focus on the Family's Jennie Milne are addicted to
      telling everyone else how to behave," Goode charged. "They are
      joyless killjoys motivated by Puritanism - the haunting fear that
      someone, somewhere, may be having fun."

      "Let's be clear here," says Goode. "The real threat to the safety and
      well-being of New Zealanders is not the ready availability of legal
      recreational drugs such as BZP, but the ease and speed with which the
      government can ban any fun activity it doesn't like. It is high time
      that New Zealand adopted a constitution which protects party-goers
      from unwarranted and unconscionable government interference. We need
      a constitutional guarantee of our individual rights to life, liberty
      and the pursuit of happiness."

      The petition can be downloaded from the Libertarianz website: www.lp.org.nz

      Libertarianz - Fighting for your right to party!

      ENDS

      For more information contact:

      Dr. Richard Goode
      Libertarianz Drugs Spokesman
      Phone: 021 340 057
      Email: richard.goode@...

      Libertarianz - More Freedom, Less Government
      www.libertarianz.org.nz