Hospitals Not To Blame For Waiting Lists

  • Libertarianz Media Centre
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2006
      PRESS RELEASE
      Libertarianz
      Health Deregulation

      Hospitals Not To Blame For Waiting Lists
      ==============================

      Libertarianz health spokesman Richard McGrath sympathises with public
      hospitals who are having to shove people off surgical and other waiting
      lists.

      "The increasingly stressed staff in these hospitals are being asked to cope
      with an almost limitless demand on their services," said Dr McGrath. "At the
      root of their problems is the public health model promoted by economic
      ignoramus Michael Cullen and his fellow travelers, under which those who don
      't want to pay for health care - a luxury item - can dump the costs onto
      productive working people.

      "This model does not reward those who plan ahead by either putting money
      aside or by purchasing insurance. It also relies on taxpayers allowing
      themselves to be bled dry to finance provision of health care for other
      people.

      "Underpinning this model is an ideology that says it is all right to
      sacrifice the aspirations and dreams of one group of people by confiscating
      their justly earned property and handing it over to another group - who
      funnily enough might just vote for more of these handouts at the next
      election.

      "Libertarianz believes the pursuit of happiness and wealth is not a crime
      and should not be punished by the IRD, whose army is now alleged to be
      bigger than our own depleted military version. We believe that taxation is
      theft and that people have a right to defend themselves against the violence
      of thieves by any appropriate means.

      "My party suggests that anyone who finds themselves thrown off a hospital
      waiting list writes to the health minister and their nearest MP, asks for a
      refund on that part of their tax allocated to the health budget, and then
      seeks decent help for their health problems in the private sector."

      ENDS

      Richard McGrath
      Libertarianz Health Deregulation Spokesman
      richardmcgrath@...
      0273 222 907

      Libertarianz: More Freedom - Less Government
      www.libertarianz.org.nz