More Big Brother in the School Yard

  • Libertarianz Media Centre
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      PRESS RELEASE
      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      Education

      More Big Brother in the School Yard
      ===================================

      "A press release issued by Physical Education New Zealand (PENZ), shows the
      standard mindset of people and groups, who can't help but interfere with the
      minds and lives of New Zealand children." This was from Peter Osborne, the
      Libertarianz Spokesman for Education Deregulation today.

      He says, "This one size-fits-all mentality is just an example of the
      pervasive nature of state education. In effect the system has become a
      one-size-fits-bugger-all, soul-destroying, megalith. Our children's lives
      are being distorted by busybody do-gooders who think that their ideas should
      take priority over that of parents and pupils."

      "By the very nature of state enforced education, this type of interference
      is rife within the industry. Individual customising is impossible. Instead
      we must all endure the rantings of pressure groups, such as PENZ, who run to
      Nanny State every time an idea dawns on them. Nanny then forces these ideas
      onto our children. Now our social engineers want our kids to exercise
      Hitler Youth style.

      He says, "The rights and wrongs of physical education perse are not the
      issue. The rights of each individual parent to choose how their children
      should be educated are. It is high time the Ministry of Education goose
      stepped it's way out of our lives and so the busybodies in our midst will
      follow."

      Osborne concludes, "Libertarianz cannot emphasise enough the importance of
      individual freedom and its practical benefits. The immediate closure of the
      Ministry of Education will put an end, once and for all, to the constant
      meddling and interference that no-lifers like politicians, bureaucrats and
      the assorted busybody, pressure groups foist upon New Zealand children.
      This will leave parents, who understand the strengths and weaknesses of
      their children, to decide how their children should be educated. Only the
      private sector can provide an education system that could accommodate all
      individual needs and choices. The non-confiscation of tax that requires
      would equip parents with the resources to easily purchase their chosen
      educational facility. Well-meaning control-freaks would also be free to
      concentrate on their own interpretation of non-reality onto their own
      children. At least then however, the damage would be minimal and somewhat
      more contained than it is at present."

      "It's Enough to Make you Vote Libertarianz!"

      ENDS
      For more information contact:
      Peter Osborne
      LIBERTARIANZ SPOKESMAN TO DEREGULATE EDUCATION
      Phone: 0274 326 005, e-mail: peter.osborne@...
      Libertarianz: More Freedom - Less Government
      www.libertarianz.org.nz