Free Cigs on Black Day for Freedom

  • Libertarianz Media Centre
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2004
      PRESS RELEASE
      LIBERTARIANZ
      HEALTH
      MEDIA ADVISORY: Street Event, Wellington

      Free Cigs on Black Day for Freedom
      ==========================

      Libertarianz health deregulation spokesman Dr Richard Goode today rejected
      the new anti-smoking laws as 'creeping totalitarianism,' and declared the
      current government 'dangerous control freaks.' "This is truly the Nanny
      Government," says Goode, "and it seems they won't be happy until they
      control every aspect of our behaviour. Why can't these bitter killjoys get
      their own life, instead of minding our business?"

      Goode says he will mark the passage of the law by hosting another
      Libertarianz Smokers' Day Out. He will be handing out free cigarettes in
      Midland Park on Wellington's Lambton Quay tomorrow lunchtime (Friday), along
      with Libertarianz Party members and Party leader Bernard Darnton. They will
      be encouraging passersby to enjoy a free cigarette "while they still can."

      Goode insists that individuals and property owners be left free to make
      their own decisions, and their cigarette giveaway is intended to highlight
      this point. "People are aware of the risks. Now let them choose for
      themselves. We don't need a do-gooding Nanny to hold our hands, particularly
      when that hand holds a free cigarette."

      EVENT DETAILS::
      Smokers' Day Out
      Midland Park, Lambton Quay, Wellington
      12 noon - 2pm, Friday, 10th December.

      ENDS

      Dr. Richard Goode
      LIBERTARIANZ SPOKESMAN FOR DEREGULATION OF HEALTH
      richard.goode@...
      021 340 057

      Libertarianz: More Freedom - Less Government
      www.libertarianz.org.nz