475Libz Leader Congratulates Clark for Dropping Auckland Portfolio

  • Libertarianz Media Centre
    Oct 31, 2007

      Cabinet Reshuffle

      Libz Leader Congratulates Clark for Dropping Auckland Portfolio

      "Congratulations are due to Helen Clark today for getting rid of the
      Auckland Issues portfolio," Libertarianz leader Bernard Darnton said

      "I have no doubt that Aucklanders are perfectly capable of getting on
      with their own lives without interference from Wellington, and it's
      great to see the Prime Minister recognise that."

      Ever willing to help, Darnton also offered advice on other portfolios
      that could be abandoned: "With the recognition that Aucklanders can
      look after themselves we should also let others off the leash too. We
      could get rid of the portfolios for the Community and Voluntary
      Sector, Consumer Affairs, Disability Issues, Ethnic Affairs, Maori
      Affairs, Pacific Island Affairs, Rural Affairs, Veterans' Affairs,
      Women's Affairs, and Youth Affairs. I look forward to all of these
      groups being allowed to breath the fresh air of freedom that's been
      granted to Auckland."

      For more information, see www.libertarianz.org.nz or contact:

      Bernard Darnton
      Libertarianz Leader
      Phone: 021 324 466 / 04 586 2182
      Email: bernard.darnton@...

      Libertarianz: More Freedom, Less Government