Re: Textbox limits

  • carlgundel
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
      --- In libertybasic@y..., David Beiswenger <DBeisw@s...> wrote:
      > I have a program data entry page that needs 16 rows and 7 columns
      of
      > data. That's 112 textboxes, but LB3 will only let me do 91 of them.
      Is there
      > a way around this?

      Liberty BASIC doesn't actually place limits on these things, but
      Windows does. What version of Windows are you running. Some of them
      have more resources available for this than do others.

      Some time back I wrote a properties window that had a bunch of cells
      in it, but only used one textbox, which was placed on top of the cell
      the user clicked on to permit data to be entered. This technique
      might work for your app also. Now if I could just find that
      example. :-(

      -Carl
    • David Beiswenger
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
        > Liberty BASIC doesn't actually place limits on these things, but
        > Windows does. What version of Windows are you running?

        I am using ME with 256M RAM.

        Is there a way I can increase my resources? Does that mean if this program runs on another computer (with even less resources available) that it won't run even with 91 Textboxes?

        DB
      • jason herbert
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
          try using XP. I don't know if it will help but it
          would be worth looking into. with RAM, I THINK, it can
          go up to double what u have but u must install the
          memory cards yourself. For those with no internal
          computer experience this is not recommended. Jason
          Herbert
          --- David Beiswenger <DBeisw@...> wrote:
          > > Liberty BASIC doesn't actually place limits on
          > these things, but
          > > Windows does. What version of Windows are you
          > running?
          >
          > I am using ME with 256M RAM.
          >
          > Is there a way I can increase my resources? Does
          > that mean if this program runs on another computer
          > (with even less resources available) that it won't
          > run even with 91 Textboxes?
          >
          > DB

          =====
          "MUNDUS VULT DECIPI" The world wants to be decieved
          JASON HERBERT

          HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
          http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
        • Doyle Whisenant
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
            carlgundel wrote:

            > --- In libertybasic@y..., David Beiswenger <DBeisw@s...> wrote:
            > > I have a program data entry page that needs 16 rows and 7 columns
            > of
            > > data. That's 112 textboxes, but LB3 will only let me do 91 of them.
            > Is there
            > > a way around this?
            >
            > Some time back I wrote a properties window that had a bunch of cells
            > in it, but only used one textbox, which was placed on top of the cell
            > the user clicked on to permit data to be entered. This technique
            > might work for your app also. Now if I could just find that
            > example. :-(

            Just helping ya out, Carl! Enjoy!

            --
            Doyle Whisenant