Textbox limits

  • David Beiswenger
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
      I have a program data entry page that needs 16 rows and 7 columns of
      data. That's 112 textboxes, but LB3 will only let me do 91 of them. Is there
      a way around this?

      Thanks
      DB
    • carlgundel
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
        --- In libertybasic@y..., David Beiswenger <DBeisw@s...> wrote:
        > I have a program data entry page that needs 16 rows and 7 columns
        of
        > data. That's 112 textboxes, but LB3 will only let me do 91 of them.
        Is there
        > a way around this?

        Liberty BASIC doesn't actually place limits on these things, but
        Windows does. What version of Windows are you running. Some of them
        have more resources available for this than do others.

        Some time back I wrote a properties window that had a bunch of cells
        in it, but only used one textbox, which was placed on top of the cell
        the user clicked on to permit data to be entered. This technique
        might work for your app also. Now if I could just find that
        example. :-(

        -Carl
      • David Beiswenger
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
          > Liberty BASIC doesn't actually place limits on these things, but
          > Windows does. What version of Windows are you running?

          I am using ME with 256M RAM.

          Is there a way I can increase my resources? Does that mean if this program runs on another computer (with even less resources available) that it won't run even with 91 Textboxes?

          DB
        • jason herbert
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
            try using XP. I don't know if it will help but it
            would be worth looking into. with RAM, I THINK, it can
            go up to double what u have but u must install the
            memory cards yourself. For those with no internal
            computer experience this is not recommended. Jason
            Herbert
            --- David Beiswenger <DBeisw@...> wrote:
            > > Liberty BASIC doesn't actually place limits on
            > these things, but
            > > Windows does. What version of Windows are you
            > running?
            >
            > I am using ME with 256M RAM.
            >
            > Is there a way I can increase my resources? Does
            > that mean if this program runs on another computer
            > (with even less resources available) that it won't
            > run even with 91 Textboxes?
            >
            > DB

            =====
            "MUNDUS VULT DECIPI" The world wants to be decieved
            JASON HERBERT

            HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
            http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
          • Doyle Whisenant
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
              carlgundel wrote:

              > --- In libertybasic@y..., David Beiswenger <DBeisw@s...> wrote:
              > > I have a program data entry page that needs 16 rows and 7 columns
              > of
              > > data. That's 112 textboxes, but LB3 will only let me do 91 of them.
              > Is there
              > > a way around this?
              >
              > Some time back I wrote a properties window that had a bunch of cells
              > in it, but only used one textbox, which was placed on top of the cell
              > the user clicked on to permit data to be entered. This technique
              > might work for your app also. Now if I could just find that
              > example. :-(

              Just helping ya out, Carl! Enjoy!

              --
              Doyle Whisenant