Re: Dll Error

  • carlgundel
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 31, 2002
      --- In libertybasic@y..., "Brad and Anna Moore" <bjaz.moore@v...>
      wrote:
      > Lets see that LB code and maybe we can spot the problem. I have
      done this
      > exact thing and it works.

      I'm sure seeing the LB code will help, but it may also be a problem
      with the DLL.

      -Carl
    • bobjose@juno.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 3, 2002
        Hi Carl and Brad,

        I'm sorry for the delay. I've had my appendix out recently, with
        peritonitis and all, and have had to cater to that. But the message I
        get in the status bar of the debugger is "NO DLL for #sim". The error
        message is listed below. I've listed what I think is relevant code. What
        I' trying to do is to replace a mathematical formula with the dll, like
        the dll didn't exist. I might need to explicitly import the value of
        several variables that. the formula uses if that' possible and also need
        to access the values of the variables in the formula itself. I've been
        told that you can only export functions, so I'm not really sure if this
        is able to be done at all.

        Bob Hosang

        Error log timestamp Saturday 10/26/02 11:00:40 PM

        Runtime error: "file" not understood

        MessageNotUnderstood>>defaultAction
        MessageNotUnderstood(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anUndefinedObject>
        MessageNotUnderstood(Exception)>>handle
        MessageNotUnderstood(Exception)>>signal
        MessageNotUnderstood class>>message: <aMessage>
        String(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: <aMessage>
        [] in TextWindow>>saveFile:
        ProtectedFrameMarker(BlockClosure)>>setUnwind: <aBlockClosure>
        BlockClosure>>ensure: <aBlockClosure>
        CursorManager>>changeFor: <aBlockClosure>
        BasicSourceWindow(TextWindow)>>saveFile: <aBasicSourcePane>
        BasicSourceWindow>>saveFile: <aBasicSourcePane>
        Message>>perform
        Message>>evaluate
        BasicSourcePane(Object)>>triggerEvent: <#aboutToSave>
        BasicSourcePane(TextPane)>>accept
        BasicSourceTopPane(ApplicationWindow)>>accept
        BasicSourceWindow(ViewManager)>>accept
        BasicSourceWindow(Object)>>perform: <#accept>
        MenuWindow>>performMenuItem: <516>
        BasicSourceTopPane(ApplicationWindow)>>performMenuItem: <516>
        Message>>perform
        NotificationManager>>empty
        NotificationManager>>runPendingEvents
        NotificationManager>>runEventLoop
        Message>>perform
        Message>>evaluate
        Process>>safelyEvaluate: <aMessage>
        Process>>evaluate: <aMessage>

        Code Snippet

        'Begin Program
        [start]
        cls

        'Track the time
        d1$ = date$()
        t1$ = time$()
        print""
        print""
        print "Program started on "; d1$;" at "; t1$
        print""
        print""

        open "datapiks.dat" for append as #piks
        close #piks

        open "rel6231.ini" for append as #ent
        close #ent

        open "cntlist.dat" for append as #cntlist
        close #cntlist

        open "daily.dat" for append as #nos
        close #nos

        open "generate.dat" for append as #gen
        close #gen

        open "stdseq.dat" for append as #stdq
        close #stdq

        open "seqmean.dat" for append as #smean
        close #smean

        open "seqmedn.dat" for append as #smedn
        close #smedn

        open "seqmode.dat" for append as #smode
        close #smode

        'Declare variables

        [startover]
        dim testno$(4)
        dim wordno$(4)
        dim digit(4)
        dim mtchlist(30000)
        dim score(200000)
        dim scoreone(200000)
        dim temp(30000)
        'dim mtchscor(1000, 1000)

        checkA = 0
        checkB = 0
        checkC = 0
        checkD = 0
        ABcheck = 0
        CDcheck = 0
        anyflag = 0
        tally = 0

        asd = 0
        asl = 0
        wsd = 0
        wsl = 0
        list = 0
        index=1

        yes$=""

        passexec = 0

        count = 1

        seq = 1

        p=.273

        word$ = ""

        num$ = ""

        test$ = ""

        y=10*p

        z=p
        A = 50
        limhigh = 58
        limlow = 48
        limone = 10
        limtwo = 10

        open "rel6231.ini" for input as #ent
        if eof(#ent) then goto [no.more]
        input #ent, test$
        [no.more]
        close #ent

        entry$ = test$
        if entry$ <> "" then goto [entered]
        Print "Enter the 4 digit seed, and then press Enter"
        Print""
        input "Input>"; entry$
        print""
        print""
        [entered]

        if generate > 0 then goto [regen]
        print"The last winning number you entered was ";entry$
        print""
        print""
        Print "Enter the next winning Number, and then press Enter"
        Print""
        input "Input>"; test$
        Print""
        Print""
        open "rel6231.ini" for output as #ent
        'if eof(#ent) then goto [not.saved]
        print #ent, test$
        [not.saved]
        close #ent

        [trial]
        if test$ <> "" then goto [multi]
        [regen]
        print" Pick #1 = ";trialone
        print" Pick #2 = ";trialtwo
        print" Pick #3 = ";trialthr
        print" Pick #4 = ";trialfor
        print" Pick #5 = ";trialfiv
        print" Pick #6 = ";trialsix
        print" Pick #7 = ";trialsev
        print" Pick #8 = ";trialeig
        print""
        print""
        print "Enter the number of passes you want."
        print""
        input "Input>"; passexec
        seq = 0

        open "SIM32.DLL" for dll as #sim
        [multi]
        limhigh = 58
        limlow = 48
        incone = 10
        inctwo = 10

        calldll #sim, "sim32.dll",_ 'Gets hung up here
        va as long,_
        f as long,_
        result as long

        'Return output as input
        'Repeat formula without seed. K is seed.

        if index <= 4 then result = (asc(mid$(entry$,index,1))) 'Get ASCII value

        ..

        Only $9.95 per month!
        Visit www.juno.com
      • Ken Lewis, Sr.
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2002
          Question, Is the name of the function that you are trying to access
          "sim32.dll"? Most functions have a name. For example;

          calldll #user32, "ShowWindow"

          Ken Lewis, Sr.

        • bobjose@juno.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 4, 2002
            Hi Ken,

            Yes, the name of the dll is "sim32.dll". To answer another
            question, I do know that it very well be a problem with the dll itself
            even though it compiled correctly. I'm just curious about wether it's in
            the correct directory as it will seems not to recognize it at all.

            Bob Hosang

            On Sun, 3 Nov 2002 20:00:54 -0600 "Ken Lewis, Sr."
            <kenlewissr@...> writes:
            > Question, Is the name of the function that you are trying to access
            > "sim32.dll"? Most functions have a name. For example;
            >
            > calldll #user32, "ShowWindow"
            >
            > Ken Lewis, Sr.

            Only $9.95 per month!
            Visit www.juno.com
          • Ken Lewis, Sr.
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 4, 2002
              I'm sorry, I did not make my question clear enough, It is not the name of
              the dll that I was asking about, but the name of the exported function. The
              functions name is usually not the dll's name. If you can send me a link
              where I can find this dll I will take a look at it for you and see if I can
              help.

              Ken Lewis, Sr.

              > Yes, the name of the dll is "sim32.dll". To answer another
              > question, I do know that it very well be a problem with the dll itself
              > even though it compiled correctly. I'm just curious about wether it's in
              > the correct directory as it will seems not to recognize it at all.
              >
              > Bob Hosang
              >

              > On Sun, 3 Nov 2002 20:00:54 -0600 "Ken Lewis, Sr."
              > <kenlewissr@...> writes:
              > > Question, Is the name of the function that you are trying to access
              > > "sim32.dll"? Most functions have a name. For example;
              > >
              > > calldll #user32, "ShowWindow"
              > >
              > > Ken Lewis, Sr.

            • Brad and Anna Moore
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 4, 2002
                What does it do?

                Brad
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 4, 2002

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 5, 2002
                    Hi Brad,

                    It's a math formula that I use in some simulations. Basically, it
                    just processes numbers. It acts somewhat like a random number generator.

                    Bob Hosang