more thoughts on linewrapping

  • Chergarj@cs.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002
      I just examined the inkey.bas sample packaged with LB 2. I don't understand
      the program well, but maybe it's possible to use some features of that
      program to print users input into a texteditor while the user enters his
      information into a graphicbox. As he types, he would see the text going into
      the texteditor.

      OR, is it possible to let user put text information into word processor
      external to LB program through the LB program, so that linewrapping can occur
      in that external word process program? Then the carriage returns would be
      automatically put in place in the external word processing program?

      Can anyone figure out ways to make this work, no api,... ?

      G C
    • laz
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        --- In libertybasic@y..., Chergarj@c... wrote:
        > I just examined the inkey.bas sample packaged with LB 2. I don't
        understand
        > the program well, but maybe it's possible to use some features of
        that
        > program to print users input into a texteditor while the user
        enters his
        > information into a graphicbox. As he types, he would see the text
        going into
        > the texteditor.
        >
        > OR, is it possible to let user put text information into word
        processor
        > external to LB program through the LB program, so that linewrapping
        can occur
        > in that external word process program? Then the carriage returns
        would be
        > automatically put in place in the external word processing program?
        >
        > Can anyone figure out ways to make this work, no api,... ?
        >
        > G C

        I beleive that someone on the group used a graphicbox to do line
        wraping. I don't remember who it was. You can search the last few
        weeks of post and you should find it. It was a really neat idea, and
        didn't require any api calls if I remember correctly.

        ~laz
      • Norman.E
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
          The spreadsheet section [HistoryPartsSS] of PlantMaint.zip in the files
          area uses inkey$ to get text from within a graphics box. It also limits
          the amount of text in the string and could be modified to give line wrapping

          Norman