Could someone take a look- - - Dll error

  • sniperlt
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 27, 2002
      At a lb 3.0 program I wrote that accesses a text to speech dll. The
      demo program works fine with the dll on my computer. But when I try
      to access the dll according to the instructions that came with it
      from LB I get and "Device not connected" error. The zip file and with
      my bas source code and all the files that cam with the dll in is the
      files area of the group under the sniperlt folder.

      Thanks
    • Andrew Roberts
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 27, 2002
        Are you sure that the dll 32bit because it won't
        without a 32bit dll

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
      • metallurgist1
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 28, 2002
          The DLL you are trying to use is 16-bit, so it will only work with LB
          2. Sorry! If you could find a 32-bit version of the same DLL, it
          should work fine.

          For text-to-speech needs, I use SayIt!, which is a command-line TTS
          engine. Not as elegant as a DLL, but it works pretty well.

          - David Drake

          --- In libertybasic@y..., "sniperlt" <sniper_lt@h...> wrote:
          > At a lb 3.0 program I wrote that accesses a text to speech dll. The
          > demo program works fine with the dll on my computer. But when I try
          > to access the dll according to the instructions that came with it
          > from LB I get and "Device not connected" error. The zip file and
          with
          > my bas source code and all the files that cam with the dll in is
          the
          > files area of the group under the sniperlt folder.
          >
          > Thanks
        • sniperlt
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 28, 2002
            Thanks to Andrew and metellurgist. I should have thought of that from
            the very start. OK here a follow up question. Since this is the
            second time the I wanted to do something with a dll and was told that
            it was 16 bit and I needed LB2.04 is there a convient way of
            reinstalling 2.04 in a machine that has 3.x already on it. Short of
            uninstalling 3.x installing 2.04 then reinstalling 3.x. I went thru
            some minor hell changing the file associations for .bas files with
            the various 3.x beta and finally just uninstalled every version and
            reinstalled 3.04 only. I would like to avoid that if I could.

            --- In libertybasic@y..., Andrew Roberts <vipercomuk@y...> wrote:
            > Are you sure that the dll 32bit because it won't
            > without a 32bit dll

            > http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
          • carlgundel
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 28, 2002
              Liberty BASIC v2.02 and v3.01 both live happily together on the same
              machine. No need to "install over". Just put them in different
              directories. As for filename extension conflicts, you can change the
              source filename extension for LB3 in the preferences dialog.

              By the way, there are no v2.04 or v3.04 releases. ;-)

              -Carl

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 30, 2002
                So I should just change the default extention for LB3 to somethen
                like *.lb3 or some such thing then remember to rename all the source
                code that wrote or download from here that is exclusively for 3.x to
                CODENAME.lb3 instead of CODENAME.bas. If I am understanding you
                correctly then 2.x will load the *.bas files and 3.x will load and
                run the *.lb3 files

                By the way what is the *.lba format that I read about in the docs and
                the master liberty basic ebook.

                --- In libertybasic@y..., "carlgundel" <carlg@l...> wrote:
                > Liberty BASIC v2.02 and v3.01 both live happily together on the
                same
                > machine. No need to "install over". Just put them in different
                > directories. As for filename extension conflicts, you can change
                the
                > source filename extension for LB3 in the preferences dialog.
                >
                > By the way, there are no v2.04 or v3.04 releases. ;-)
                >
                > -Carl
                >
                > --- In libertybasic@y..., "sniperlt" <sniper_lt@h...> wrote:
                > > Thanks to Andrew and metellurgist. I should have thought of that
                > from
                > > the very start. OK here a follow up question. Since this is the
                > > second time the I wanted to do something with a dll and was told
                > that
                > > it was 16 bit and I needed LB2.04 is there a convient way of
                > > reinstalling 2.04 in a machine that has 3.x already on it. Short
                of
                > > uninstalling 3.x installing 2.04 then reinstalling 3.x. I went
                thru
                > > some minor hell changing the file associations for .bas files
                with
                > > the various 3.x beta and finally just uninstalled every version
                and
                > > reinstalled 3.04 only. I would like to avoid that if I could.
                > >
                > > --- In libertybasic@y..., Andrew Roberts <vipercomuk@y...> wrote:
                > > > Are you sure that the dll 32bit because it won't
                > > > without a 32bit dll

                > > > Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup
                > > > http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
              • AW
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 30, 2002
                  At 07:10 PM 6/30/02 -0000, you wrote:
                  > By the way what is the *.lba format that I read about in the docs and
                  > the master liberty basic ebook.

                  For a while when LB3 was in beta testing, Carl made that the default
                  extension for LB3. At some point, he changed it back to BAS, but you can
                  now set up your own default extension to be whatever you want. A lot of
                  people distribute code with the lba extension.

                  .
                • sniperlt
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 30, 2002
                    Very nice. I will make that the default for LB3 then and keep .bas as
                    the default for LB2