What's the best way to write multi-dimensional arrays to disk?

  • prrk47002@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2001
      I'm in the middle of writing a program to do class scheduling. I'm
      storing data in 2 dimensional string arrays that need to be saved to
      disk (and later read back in).

      Is there an easier way to write an array to disk than iterate thru
      each "field" (2nd dimension) of each row (1st dimension)?

      Thanks!!
    • brian.simonds@moeller.co.uk
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2001
        Hi

        For this type of application I ve used the random type files with the
        field command as the data is always on disk saving you from having to
        save and load the data. If the PC crashes the most you loose is one
        record. It may not suite you data though.

        Brian ...