RE: [libertybasic] window name, varibles, and handel help (please !!)

  • Moore, Brad
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 7:49 AM
      Jose, unfortunately the handle can not be assigned or derived from a
      variable using just the native LB syntax.

      I am trying to think if there is another way of accomplishing this using a
      custom dll to open the windows, or using the windows dll. It is not
      imposible to use the windows dll to open the window and draw the controls
      and then handle the logic of the application in LB, but it is a very tall
      order. This is not something I would attempt because I know that there are
      better languages to handle this.

      Carl had at one time said he would consider making a variable type that
      could hold window handle values. I am not sure if he has prioritiezed this
      yet with his other enhancements that are sure to come with the future of LB.

      Brad Moore
      Sr. Analyst - ADS Product Tracking MES Applications
      Weyerhaeuser Company
      Voice : (541) 756-9481
      Fax: (541) 756-7612
      brad.moore@...

      > ----------

    • carlgundel
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 8:00 AM
        --- In libertybasic@y..., "Moore, Brad" <brad.moore@w...> wrote:
        > Carl had at one time said he would consider making a variable type
        that
        > could hold window handle values. I am not sure if he has
        prioritiezed this
        > yet with his other enhancements that are sure to come with the
        future of LB.

        I consider this to be a key addition to LB v3.1.

        -Carl