RE: Re: [libertybasic] Startup programs?

  • green8819
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2013

      Not successful?

      Here's one method that works for LB:
      1) Open Liberty.exe
      2) Open the .bas
      3) Run 'Create Application'
      4) You'll get min. 10 files in a folder
      5) Make shortcut of the 'Application'
      6) Drag/drop it into the Windows' Startup folder
      7) Restart computer, the program will run.

      Good night.

      mike4612@...

      ---In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, <libertybasic@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Thanks so much!

      Bob Rantzow rantzow@... 858 755-3906 (Home) 858 822-9625 (Cell)

        ------------------------------------

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 4, 2013
          Am 04.10.2013 21:50, schrieb jimpurcell2001@...:

          > I just joined the group. I started using BBS BASIC a few days ago and I
          > like it, but there seems not to be an active group for that brand. Where
          > can I get Liberty BASIC. I guess I should Google for one. :-)

          Follow the links in my signature.

        • Ernesto Gastaldi
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013
            Hi!
            I need help.

            I'm working around a program based on alphabetical strings.

            Is there in LB a command that I can put at the
            start transforming uppercase to lowercase?

            I mean, when the customer answers to the computer's questions, even
            if he uses uppercase, is there a command, put once at the start,
            that changes for all the program uppercase in lowercase?

            Thank you!

            ernesto
          • Gary Passmore
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013
              Check out "lower$()" in the Help file ("upper$()")would also work.

              Gary Passmore
              ...from the world according to GaRPMorE

              >Is there in LB a command that I can put at the
              start transforming uppercase to lowercase?

            • David Speck
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 7, 2013
                Ernesto,

                For lower case:

                NewString$ = LOWER$(OldString$)

                For upper case:

                NewString$ = UPPER$(OldString$)

                Dave

                On 10/7/2013 7:31 PM, Ernesto Gastaldi wrote:
                > Hi!
                > I need help.
                >
                > I'm working around a program based on alphabetical strings.
                >
                > Is there in LB a command that I can put at the
                > start transforming uppercase to lowercase?
                >
                > I mean, when the customer answers to the computer's questions, even
                > if he uses uppercase, is there a command, put once at the start,
                > that changes for all the program uppercase in lowercase?
                >
                > Thank you!
                >
                > ernesto
              • Ernesto Gastaldi
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 8, 2013
                  At 04.39 08/10/2013, you wrote:

                  Ernesto,

                  For lower case:

                  NewString$ = LOWER$(OldString$)

                  For upper case:

                  NewString$ = UPPER$(OldString$)

                  Dave

                  Thank you, Dave.

                  But I've to repeat that command string by string, thousand of times?
                  Is it possibile establish once and for all such transformation ?

                  Ernesto
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 8, 2013
                    Am 08.10.2013 17:02, schrieb Ernesto Gastaldi:

                    > But I've to repeat that command string by string, thousand of times?
                    > Is it possibile establish once and for all such transformation ?

                    Ernesto,

                    sorry, there is no such feature in LB.

                    How does the user enter his information?

                    May be we can get something going if you use a GUI window.

                  • rod_bird001
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 8, 2013

                      If the info is in a file you just need to load the file to a single variable and save the upper$ or lower$ of that variable to a new file or indeed overwrite the same file. All of the CRLF pairs will be preserved.

                      open "file.txt" for output as #o
                      print #o,"UPPER"
                      close #o

                      open "file.txt" for input as #i