Libert use

  • onesild
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 28 3:06 AM
      I would ask some help in some points:

      1) how to sort a text with two columns or more, sorting the text by the
      second entry. for example:

      john # florida # 32801

      peter # california # 45000

      mary # arizona # 12555

      etc.

      2) I want to read a text and search for an specific word.

      If I found the word, I would like to show(display) the word in bold or
      italic letters..

      For example: Text

      "I intend to travel to USA in the next summer and spend some time in
      Orlando..."

      I search for the word "summer" and if I found it I would like to display the
      information using bold letters..

      "I intend to travel to USA in the next summer and spend some time in
      Orlando..."

      3) Is there any difference in using Liberty Basic in Win 8?

      Best regards

      Onesild

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 28 5:20 AM
        Am 28.08.2013 12:06, schrieb onesild:
        > I would ask some help in some points:
        >

        > 1) how to sort a text with two columns or more, sorting the text by the
        > second entry. for example:

        You can use a double dimmed array and the SORT command to sort by a
        specific column.

        > 2) I want to read a text and search for an specific word.
        >
        > If I found the word, I would like to show(display) the word in bold or
        > italic letters..

        The only way to change the style of portions of text is to use a
        graphics control or window for display.

        > 3) Is there any difference in using Liberty Basic in Win 8?

        Just follow the instructions at
        http://basic.wikispaces.com/Installing_on_Vista for installing LB on
        Windows Vista and above.

      • Lester Larrew
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 28 7:46 AM
          I have an array of 72 strings length 4 to 12.  I want to print that array in 6 columns.  How to do, please.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 28 9:18 AM
            sorry, but i am talking in item 3 about win8, not vista!

            regards

            onesild

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 28 9:33 AM
              Am 28.08.2013 18:18, schrieb onesild:
              > sorry, but i am talking in item 3 about win8, not vista!

              ..., and I talked about Vista __and above__, which includes Win7, Win8
              and Win8.1 ;-)

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 28 9:39 AM
                Am 28.08.2013 16:46, schrieb Lester Larrew:
                > I have an array of 72 strings length 4 to 12. I want to print that array in 6 columns. How to do, please.

                Add trailing or leading spaces using the SPACE$() function to the
                strings before you display them.

              • Lester Larrew
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 28 9:16 PM
                  Stefan,
                  the following code will justify the strings so that the last character is on the right.  How do I make it so that all of 1st character of the strings are justified on the right?  Thanks in advance,
                  Lester
                  cls
                  print
                  for i=1 to k
                  pp=len(a$(i))
                  print space$(13-pp);a$(i);
                  if i/6=int(i/6) then print
                  next I

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 29 6:39 AM
                    Am 29.08.2013 06:16, schrieb Lester Larrew:
                    > Stefan,
                    > the following code will justify the strings so that the last character is on the right. How do I make it so that all of 1st character of the strings are justified on the right? Thanks in advance,
                    > Lester
                    > cls
                    > print
                    > for i=1 to k
                    > pp=len(a$(i))
                    > print space$(13-pp);a$(i);
                    > if i/6=int(i/6) then print
                    > next I

                    I don't think that the mainwin will support Arabian or other right to
                    left languages.

                    How are your regional settings set for non-Unicode applications?

                  • Lester Larrew
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 29 7:42 AM
                      I meant to say that they are now justified on the right and I want them to be justified on the left.
                      Lester

                      ________________________________
                      Am 29.08.2013 06:16, schrieb Lester Larrew:
                      > Stefan,
                      > the following code will justify the strings so that the last character is on the right. How do I make it so that all of 1st character of the strings are justified on the right? Thanks in advance,
                      > Lester
                      > cls
                      > print
                      > for i=1 to k
                      > pp=len(a$(i))
                      > print space$(13-pp);a$(i);
                      > if i/6=int(i/6) then print
                      > next I

                      I don't think that the mainwin will support Arabian or other right to
                      left languages.

                      How are your regional settings set for non-Unicode applications?

                    • Bob Rantzow
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 29 7:53 AM
                        Lester,

                        I use the following functions for justification:

                        '
                        ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
                        Function RAStr$(s$, n)
                            '
                            ' Returns a string of length 'n' with 's' right-adjusted (leading blanks).
                            '
                            If Len(s$) >= n Then
                                RAStr$ = Mid$(s$, 1, n)
                            Else
                                RAStr$ = Space$(n - Len(s$)) + s$
                            End If
                        End Function
                        '
                        ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
                        Function LAString$(s$, n)
                            '
                            ' Returns a string of length 'n' with 's' left-adjusted (trailing blanks).
                            '
                            If Len(s$) >= n Then
                                LAString$ = Left$(s$,n)
                            Else
                                LAString$ = s$ + Space$(n - Len(s$))
                            End If
                        End Function

                        Bob Rantzowrantzow@... 858 755-3906 (Home)858 822-9625 (Cell)

                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 29 8:04 AM
                          Am 29.08.2013 16:42, schrieb Lester Larrew:
                          > I meant to say that they are now justified on the right and I want them to be justified on the left.
                          > Lester

                          Just add trailing spaces and the string is left justified.

                          '---code start (watch for line wraps)

                          cls
                          print
                          for i=1 to k