LB forgets directory when compiling

  • gregsweitzer
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2013
      After my LB 4.04 (regular) has been installed for a few months, when I go to compile a file (using Create Application), it shows the default directory and (since I generally want the compiled giles in the same directory as my .bas file) I have to manually tell it where to put the .exe and .tkn files.

      Also, if I double-click on a .bas file, I cannot compile it. I must run LB from the start menu with LB automatically loading the last file. Only THEN can I compile.

      These workaround a are annoying. Is there a fix for them.

      Thanks

      Greg Sweitzer
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18, 2013
        Am 18.08.2013 11:02, schrieb gregsweitzer:
        > After my LB 4.04 (regular) has been installed for a few months, when I go to compile a file (using Create Application), it shows the default directory and (since I generally want the compiled giles in the same directory as my .bas file) I have to manually tell it where to put the .exe and .tkn files.
        >
        > Also, if I double-click on a .bas file, I cannot compile it. I must run LB from the start menu with LB automatically loading the last file. Only THEN can I compile.
        >
        > These workaround a are annoying. Is there a fix for them.

        You only need to create the application once, afterwards you just create
        the TKN file which is always placed into the folder of the BAS file.

        I haven't encountered the problem with double clicking a BAS file
        resulting in being unable to create a TKN file, even so double clicking
        is my regular way of starting LB.
        How is your environment set up?