Re: [libertybasic] Re: default button works with combo box?

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 16, 2013
      Am 15.08.2013 17:36, schrieb Sarmed N.:
      > Why I need that?
      >
      > It is to use the combo box as a text box first, to inter some text then hit enter. After that the user starts using the combo as normal.

      On the LBPE wiki in the section "GUI Programming => Stylebits =>
      Stylebits - Buttons" you will find the "default push button" style,
      which you can apply to a button in a regular window to get the dialog
      type window behavior.

    • Sarmed N.
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 16, 2013
        Dear Stefan

        The page you indicate to, has no combo box at all.

        http://lbpe.wikispaces.com/Stylebits+-+Buttons

        The Button style bit used in that page, don't work with combo box, until the user change focus to text box and hit enter.

        Regards,

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 16, 2013
          Am 17.08.2013 02:34, schrieb Sarmed N.:
          > Dear Stefan
          >
          > The page you indicate to, has no combo box at all.
          >
          > http://lbpe.wikispaces.com/Stylebits+-+Buttons
          >

          > The Button style bit used in that page, don't work with combo box, until the user change focus to text box and hit enter.

          This style is not turning the window into a dialog, so you will have
          some limitations.

          If you want 100% of the behavior of a dialog, you need to use one.

          How about using a text box initially and hiding the combo box?
          After the user hits ENTER, you show the combo box and hide the text box.

          If you like to have a widget work like another widget, you will soon hit
          a dead end.
          All widgets are designed to work in a specific way.

        • Sarmed N.
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 17, 2013
            Dear Stefan,

            First of all, thank you very much, and many thanks to Carl Gundel.

            > How about using a text box initially and hiding the combo box?> After the user hits ENTER, you show the combo box and hide the text box.

            It's good idea, what I did is create a whole combo box from three controls.

            Second after all, I realized there is no way without window of dialog type.

            Why I insist to get answer?
            Because since one year I check all basic language I can reach, even Gambas2 in Linux, they all have (clicking Enter) works with combo box.
            I said it may be the problem with me, or the answer with API functions which I don't know very well!
            There for I don't want ...
            > If you want 100% of the behavior of a dialog, you need to use one.
            But I expect it could be.

            However, now I am not worry any more if there is a way I don't know it.
            I hope Carl will take care of this with his next edition.

            Thanks to you and Carl.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 17, 2013
              Am 17.08.2013 09:51, schrieb Sarmed N.:

              > Why I insist to get answer?
              > Because since one year I check all basic language I can reach, even Gambas2 in Linux, they all have (clicking Enter) works with combo box.
              > I said it may be the problem with me, or the answer with API functions which I don't know very well!

              With WMliberty.DLL you can intercept any notification send to the combo
              box, which should allow handling the event you want.

              LB doesn't offer access to all events of a widget natively, only to
              those most commonly used, so you need to reach out for solutions beyond
              the native abilities.