help w/code

  • gnw1933
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2013
      when selecting from a list of arrays, that selection
      will in turn run the program with the array name.
      just a beginner : I can write the "array" code, and
      the programs to be selected, but I can't write the
      code to join to two programs. Help would be geatly
      appreciated. Thanks GW
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2013
        RUN is the command to run other program's but I would not recommend that strategy.

        Explain a little more what the task in hand is all about and fols will give you some advice on the best strategy to adopt.

        Liberty supports Subs so there is no need to complicate the process with separate program's, just write a series of Subs as one program And CALL them as necessary

        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "gnw1933" <gnw1933@...> wrote:

        > when selecting from a list of arrays, that selection
        > will in turn run the program with the array name.
        > just a beginner : I can write the "array" code, and
        > the programs to be selected, but I can't write the
        > code to join to two programs. Help would be geatly
        > appreciated. Thanks GW

      • Gary Passmore
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2013
          This worked for me:

           Run DefaultDir$+"\GARPGAMES.exe "+chr$(34)+DefaultDir$+"\"+sel$+".tkn"+chr$(34)\LIBASIC\GARPGAMES\BINARY CLOCK.tkn"

          Where "GARPGAMES.exe" is the "run404.exe" renamed to "GARPGAMES", and "sels$" is the .tkn file (in this case "BINARY CLOCK") selected from the listbox array, that the .exe file is to run.

          This presupposes that all the files named in that line are in the DefaultDir$. Otherwise, other appropriate directory paths would be used.
           Gary Passmore
          ...from the world according to GaRPMorE

          ________________________________

          --- In mailto:libertybasic%40yahoogroups.com, "gnw1933" <gnw1933@...> wrote:

          > when selecting from a list of arrays, that selection
          > will in turn run the program with the array name.
          > just a beginner : I can write the "array" code, and
          > the programs to be selected, but I can't write the
          > code to join to two programs. Help would be geatly
          > appreciated. Thanks GW

        • Gary Passmore
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2013
            Sorry! That first line should have been:

            DefaultDir$+"\GARPGAMES.exe "+chr$(34)+DefaultDir$+"\"+sel$+".tkn"+chr$(34)

            Where "GARPGAMES.exe" is the "run404.exe" renamed to "GARPGAMES", and "sels$" is the .tkn file selected from the listbox array, that the .exe file is to run.