Re: [libertybasic] random 3D lines within certain limits

  • John Fisher
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 23, 2013
      As a PS, I found it easy to use the following Java DXF viewer.
      http://caff.de/dxfviewer/

      By selecting the first three line entities I correctly got a shape. Save
      the data below as a dxf file.
      It creates three joined lines at mutual right angles.

      Would be easy to put in the coordinates in this format from a LB program...
      Remove the <<<<< comments if you want to display this file....

      0
      SECTION
      2
      HEADER
      999
      dxf created by JohnF
      999
      Original data from first three lines of cube.
      0
      ENDSEC
      0
      SECTION
      2
      TABLES
      0
      ENDSEC
      0
      SECTION
      2
      BLOCKS
      0
      ENDSEC
      0
      SECTION
      2
      ENTITIES
      0
      LINE
      8
      0
      10
      -0.5000 <<<<<<<<<<<<< first line start point coordinates xs
      20
      -0.5000 <<<<<<<<<<<<< ys
      30
      1.000 <<<<<<<<<<<<< zs
      11
      0.5000 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< end of first line xe
      21
      -0.5000 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ye
      31
      1.000 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ze
      0
      LINE
      8
      0
      10
      0.5000
      20
      -0.5000
      30
      1.000
      11
      0.5000
      21
      0.5000
      31
      1.000
      0
      LINE
      8
      0
      10
      0.5000
      20
      0.5000
      30
      1.000
      11
      0.5000
      21
      0.5000
      31
      -1.000
      0
      ENDSEC
      0
      EOF
    • John Fisher
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 24, 2013
        This has given me several hours of fun. Didn't realise how easy it could
        be to create and display 3D shapes mathemagically.
        I've put up a thread on the LB Forum with an example of what I can
        get...
        http://libertybasic.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=LB3&action=display&num=1374674810
        Thanks for drawing my attention to it!
        JohnF