Re: [libertybasic] Requesting assistance with mystery bug

  • Robert Hendrix
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 19, 2013
      I absolutely agree with you; I did not word my reply clearly. I was
      meaning that the SUB was the true subroutine, which caused the label
      outside the subroutine to not be visible from within the subroutine.
      The GOSUB is not a true subroutine, but it would keep the label
      associated with the button visible within the loop. In my other reply I
      mentioned that he could continue to use the SUB by using the button to
      cause a legal exit from the SUB.

      As I believe I have noticed often in the past, you have warned against
      mixing GOSUBs and SUBs. I have learned a great deal from your posts.

      Thank you.

      Robert Hendrix

      On 6/19/2013 12:12 AM, Stefan Pendl wrote:
      > Am 18.06.2013 21:48, schrieb Robert Hendrix:
      >> It would probably work if you used a gosub rather than a sub, which
      >> actually calls a true subroutine.
      >>
      > I would not say that GOSUB results in a "true" subroutine, since it is
      > highly dependent on the main code it is called from.
      >
      > For me "true" subroutines are independent from the main code and can be
      > reused in many projects, so I would qualify a SUB as a "true" subroutine.
      >
      > But that might even be personal preference.
      >

      > --
      > Stefan Pendl
      > http://stefanpendl.runbasichosting.com/
      >
      > LB 4.04 Pro ... http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
      > LB 4.04 ....... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404setup.exe
      >
      > LB Community Wiki .............. http://basic.wikispaces.com/
      > LB Programmer's Encyclopedia ... http://lbpe.wikispaces.com/
      > LB Bug Tracker ................. http://libertybasicbugs.wikispaces.com/
      >
      > Books at http://www.lulu.com/ and http://www.amazon.com/
      > Alyce Watson ... APIs for Liberty BASIC
      > Carl Gundel .... Beginning Programming with Liberty BASIC
      >
      > Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
      > AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2GHz, 4GB RAM

    • Robert Hendrix
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 18, 2013
        This is interesting. I submitted the following post on 6/19/2013, but
        it didn't appear at the time. I eventually forgot about it. Then it
        showed up in my inbox this morning. I wonder where it has been for the
        last month? I have had messages take a long time to arrive, but never
        29 days. Well, it was only a side note, so it was not really important.