txePain

  • green8819
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17, 2013
      Stefan, that was how Bill Jennings did 11 yars ago. but his solution requires that the text to be pasted into the TXE be pre-formatted with several CrLf.

      Jack, a TBX is a better solution. That was what I did for my Code Book when I gave up on TXE. A single stylebit for the TBX solves the wrap problem. TXE is a pain because it does not accept stylebits.

      Sarmed, you had a tiny button in your SMD Code Book that toggled wrapping. Unfortunately I had dumped your Code because it was too complicated and congested with many many many unnecessary features.I don't remember whether you used TBX or TXE for the main pane. If TXE, then you'll leave a Legacy like Bill Jennings!

      Legacy, anyone?
    • green8819
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 17, 2013
        If up to the challenge, here's the GUI to get you started. We want to see the text in the texteditor with proper wraps.

        Files page, "txePain2"

        Personally, I prefer textbox. I have no vested interest in solving the texteditor problem. It has been lying around unsolved for so long. The solution is near, yet so far.

        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "green8819" <skynetmike@...> wrote:

        > Stefan, that was how Bill Jennings did 11 yars ago. but his solution requires that the text to be pasted into the TXE be pre-formatted with several CrLf.
        >
        > Jack, a TBX is a better solution. That was what I did for my Code Book when I gave up on TXE. A single stylebit for the TBX solves the wrap problem. TXE is a pain because it does not accept stylebits.
        >
        > Sarmed, you had a tiny button in your SMD Code Book that toggled wrapping. Unfortunately I had dumped your Code because it was too complicated and congested with many many many unnecessary features.I don't remember whether you used TBX or TXE for the main pane. If TXE, then you'll leave a Legacy like Bill Jennings!
        >
        > Legacy, anyone?

      • Larry Lowe
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 17, 2013
          Just go to Alyces restaurant site and download the text editor with word wrap. It uses user32.dll to make a windows texteditor control that word wraps. You can get rid of most of the stsndard load and save routines and just keep the little part where it shows the functions and the creation of the receptor control.

          Larryrl

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "green8819" <skynetmike@...> wrote:

          > If up to the challenge, here's the GUI to get you started. We want to see the text in the texteditor with proper wraps.
          >
          > Files page, "txePain2"
          >
          > Personally, I prefer textbox. I have no vested interest in solving the texteditor problem. It has been lying around unsolved for so long. The solution is near, yet so far.
          >

          > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "green8819" <skynetmike@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Stefan, that was how Bill Jennings did 11 yars ago. but his solution requires that the text to be pasted into the TXE be pre-formatted with several CrLf.
          > >
          > > Jack, a TBX is a better solution. That was what I did for my Code Book when I gave up on TXE. A single stylebit for the TBX solves the wrap problem. TXE is a pain because it does not accept stylebits.
          > >
          > > Sarmed, you had a tiny button in your SMD Code Book that toggled wrapping. Unfortunately I had dumped your Code because it was too complicated and congested with many many many unnecessary features.I don't remember whether you used TBX or TXE for the main pane. If TXE, then you'll leave a Legacy like Bill Jennings!
          > >
          > > Legacy, anyone?

        • green8819
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 18, 2013
            Your lead seems to be a viable option for ME. I will try to use it/revise on my Code Book. But for the average LB user, too many CALLS to take care of.
            Thanks anyway.
            And off course, thanks to Alyce.