Re: [libertybasic] Re: LB: future ???

  • David Agee
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 17, 2013
      I am in my 60's and have been with Liberty from the 2.0

      I have not learned the newer codes because LIBERTY was out there.

      I was using DOS BASIC in the later 1960's, Yes I had to unlearn some habits form DOS BASIC.

      IF YOU THINK BASIC IS DIED LOOK AT THIS MESSAGE BOARD.

      David Agee

      ps Basic programing is my number one hobby, I and limited to other hobbies

    • Bob Land
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 17, 2013
        I am in education but before that I went to a Voc-Tech  for Industrial Electronics I then spent 8 years in Navy where I was in advanced electronics dealing with fire control systems for the Polaris Missile systems.  My first computer was a radio shack color computer. I programmed it using Dos and machine language sub routines that I pirated.  ( from pre windows, win 3.0  to win 8). When computers came into the class room , I learned apple basic. and Later I got a copy of QBASIC 4.5. I used this program to write many educational programs. I would compile them into EXE s . With windows 7 I was looking for something to use to continue producing my educational programs. I have VB 6 but it is too foreign to how I program. I got my teaching degrees to be able to coach!  My degree was in math so I am used to logic statements.  I have toyed with LB but not really expanded development because creating stand alone programs is not  what I wanted.  I hope to
        have a stable of Computer tutor programs to apply to my post retirement work.
        I do enjoy reading the posts and save those that can make good reference materials.
        BobLand