Re: [libertybasic] Re: LB: future ???

  • styskul
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 15, 2013
      Personally I think this whole conversation is kind of silly, but what really gets me is every time someone pops up and says how LB is so much easier to use than VB. Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to cause troubles, because I am an LB owner myself. However, VB is probably the easiest "visual" BASIC environment I've ever used. Seriously, if someone finds VB difficult to use they probably shouldn't be doing Windows programming. LB, on the other hand, even makes the simple task of modifying a form difficult, because once you've added code to what you created in the visual designer, you can't readily go back to the visual designer to make graphical changes again. And that's just the visual difficulties of using LB versus VB. Event handling in LB seems to be much weaker than VB as well. I had fully intended to migrate to LB once Microsoft officially gave up the ship on VB6, but after some time dabbling with LB I have decided to stick with my aged and ailing VB. I can still easily be 10x more productive in that environment. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that LB5 changes all that.

      Eric

      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 17, 2013
        I am in education but before that I went to a Voc-Tech  for Industrial Electronics I then spent 8 years in Navy where I was in advanced electronics dealing with fire control systems for the Polaris Missile systems.  My first computer was a radio shack color computer. I programmed it using Dos and machine language sub routines that I pirated.  ( from pre windows, win 3.0  to win 8). When computers came into the class room , I learned apple basic. and Later I got a copy of QBASIC 4.5. I used this program to write many educational programs. I would compile them into EXE s . With windows 7 I was looking for something to use to continue producing my educational programs. I have VB 6 but it is too foreign to how I program. I got my teaching degrees to be able to coach!  My degree was in math so I am used to logic statements.  I have toyed with LB but not really expanded development because creating stand alone programs is not  what I wanted.  I hope to
        have a stable of Computer tutor programs to apply to my post retirement work.
        I do enjoy reading the posts and save those that can make good reference materials.
        BobLand