Re: LB: future ???

  • Marc Sabau
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 15, 2013
      Hi, José Fortuna,
      I think that YOU are near of death !!!
      Marc.
      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Jose Fortuna <jose4tuna@...> wrote:

      > Maybe not completed death but in artificial respirator .....
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Jul 15, 2013, at 6:20 AM, Carl Gundel <carlg@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Liberty BASIC is not dead. We are currently working on Liberty BASIC 5 which will run on Windows, Mac and Linux. Things are a little slow going right now, but still moving forward.
      > >
      > > -Carl Gundel
      > > Liberty BASIC for Windows - http://www.libertybasic.com
      > > Run BASIC, easy web programming - http://www.runbasic.com
      > >
      > > On Jul 14, 2013, at 11:50 AM, "Kuby" <n6jsx@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > I went to the LB web page and review the program and I found it still at V4.04. [per FAQ - The latest Windows version is Liberty BASIC v4.04, released July 31, 2010.]
      > > >
      > > > So am I to assume there has been no improvements of bugs fixes in +3yrs? Has LB gone the way of QB & VB?
      > > >
      > > > Is LB 4.04 now considered a mature program that has reached its maximum capability?
      > > >
      > > > Will LB create the other OS code compilers for Linux/Android/OSi, etc.?
      > > >
      > > > Are there any satellite programs to expend LB?

    • Bob Land
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 17, 2013
        I am in education but before that I went to a Voc-Tech  for Industrial Electronics I then spent 8 years in Navy where I was in advanced electronics dealing with fire control systems for the Polaris Missile systems.  My first computer was a radio shack color computer. I programmed it using Dos and machine language sub routines that I pirated.  ( from pre windows, win 3.0  to win 8). When computers came into the class room , I learned apple basic. and Later I got a copy of QBASIC 4.5. I used this program to write many educational programs. I would compile them into EXE s . With windows 7 I was looking for something to use to continue producing my educational programs. I have VB 6 but it is too foreign to how I program. I got my teaching degrees to be able to coach!  My degree was in math so I am used to logic statements.  I have toyed with LB but not really expanded development because creating stand alone programs is not  what I wanted.  I hope to
        have a stable of Computer tutor programs to apply to my post retirement work.
        I do enjoy reading the posts and save those that can make good reference materials.
        BobLand